What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Creepys new Black-un

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
scunninghamk
Just Run In

Re: Creepys new Black-un

Postby scunninghamk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Speedy wrote:The Black un is looking great, well done. She used to sit low when on Rokkor coilovers then onto MeisterR that does needs sorting pronto.

IMG_0716.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scunninghamk
Just Run In

Postby scunninghamk » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Reversing sensors!!!! If you reverse assuming you've got em, you'll find out too late you haven't.
I'm in the same boat as you mate 90% of the time I drive a modern space ship with lots of sensors then reverse the MX5 and.. have to be careful again.
Which sensors did you install and any hints?

Creepy
Regular

Postby Creepy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:58 pm

scunninghamk wrote:Reversing sensors!!!! If you reverse assuming you've got em, you'll find out too late you haven't.
I'm in the same boat as you mate 90% of the time I drive a modern space ship with lots of sensors then reverse the MX5 and.. have to be careful again.
Which sensors did you install and any hints?

This was the set I bought https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1
They've been working fine since. Have to admit they're not as sensitive as the factory fitted sensors on my modern space ship but they do the job OK. I wouldn't like to reverse at speed using them as they're not the most sensitive. However, for the price they do a good job. Electrics are a piece of cake. Drilling the holes in the bumper and getting the spacing right is the difficult bit. However if you take your time and work from the centre outwards then it's not too hard. I put a line of masking take on the bumper so I could mark the points for drilling - then checked, checked again and got someone else to check before getting the drill out ! The buzzer is rather loud so I hit in the boot it's not so deafening.
Hope that helps.
Andy.
P.S. I'm sure I found a decent thread on how to fit the reversing sensors including the drilling - with some good photo's too. It may gave been a listing on another forum - but don't tell anyone! :-)
Creepy
Regular

Postby Creepy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:06 pm

Speedy wrote:The Black un is looking great, well done. She used to sit low when on Rokkor coilovers then onto MeisterR that does needs sorting pronto.

IMG_0716.JPG

Thanks for the positive feedback - appreciated :text-thankyouyellow:

My next job is to sort the ride height but I'm completely stumped on what to do. I've RTFM about a dozen times and MM has already told me (earlier thread) that only a couple of nuts need cracking and weighting the car before re-tightening. It SHOULD be an easy job, but I can't for the life of me work it out. I'll give MM a shout and maybe see if he's up for me paying a visit so he can give me an idiots lesson on car suspension. :doh:

Once winter arrives I am planning on upgrading the suspension - so that's another conversation to be had with MM :-)
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:27 pm

Creepy wrote:

IMG_0716.JPG

Thanks for the positive feedback - appreciated :text-thankyouyellow:

My next job is to sort the ride height but I'm completely stumped on what to do. I've RTFM about a dozen times and MM has already told me (earlier thread) that only a couple of nuts need cracking and weighting the car before re-tightening. It SHOULD be an easy job, but I can't for the life of me work it out. I'll give MM a shout and maybe see if he's up for me paying a visit so he can give me an idiots lesson on car suspension. :doh:

Once winter arrives I am planning on upgrading the suspension - so that's another conversation to be had with MM :-)

I'll give you a bell tomoz buddy ;0)
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Creepy
Regular

Postby Creepy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:22 am

HI MM. Great to see you at the weekend and catch-up. I spent a couple of hours on Sunday taking a look at the suspension (rear) and making a stab at getting it lowered to the correct height (see previous pics). i.e. Wheel off, raise the car on ramps, crack the bolts (4?), jack up the suspension (Carefully!) , tighten bolts, wheel on, lower car.
Problem being this isn't working for me, boo hoo. I'm probably cracking the wrong nuts/bolts - so have included a pic below of nuts/bolts I'm loosening (its an old pic just to show you the nuts I'm loosening)? The one issue that may be problem is the 17mm bolt (which I've circled in Red) won't bloody budge. I can remove the nut but the long bolt is completely seized in-place - therefore I guess it won't be moving when I jack-up the suspension? I've soaked it in WD40 and will leave for a couple of days to see if that helps but it's seized tight despite giving it a few good thumps with a mallet (Careful not to wreck the bolt obviously). Interestingly my workshop manual notes this is a common problem as part of the bolt is open to the elements so it gets proper seized.

So... Can you confirm please;
1) if I'm cracking the correct nuts/bolts?
2) Any tips on how to get the 17mm bolt moving (circled in Red on the picture below)
3) What's a really good penetrating fluid/oil? I've only got WD40 at the moment. Is there anything better worth investing in? e.g. English Abrasives PlusGas

Cheers,
andy.

P.S. Ordered the Vauxhall interior lights this morning from eBay and found the excellent article on the forum.
Attachments
sorting my suspension - bolts to loosen.jpg
sorting my suspension - bolts to loosen.jpg (343.03 KiB) Viewed 6902 times
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:08 pm

your cracking the wrong bolt buddy....go further inboard the the 17mm bolt in the wishbone.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Creepy
Regular

Postby Creepy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Drove the Mansion the other day and had a good old chat with MM. Only problem being I've come away with a bucket list of Mods to do over winter :-)
I'm just about to put an order in with Andrew at Autolink which includes a set of MeisterR Zeta-CRD coilovers, the brake conversion kit, and the fan mod (replace Mk1 fan with Mk2 which is more reliable).
Also purchased a water temp gauge + bits and fitted that last weekend - pics below.

So plenty to be getting on with over Christmas - time to say cheerio to the missus and lock myself away in the garage :-)
Last edited by Creepy on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creepy
Regular

Re: Creepys Black-un - New Temp Gauge

Postby Creepy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:29 pm

As per MM's sound advice, I decided to fit a Water Temperature gauge as a matter of urgency. Relatively simple job to complete especially if you follow the existing menders post : viewtopic.php?f=108&t=2481

Couple of Pics below, as I'm quite proud of the neat job I've done of the wiring and fitting (please tell me if you disagree!) - especially with the new position of the heated seat switches (see before and after pics)

Pic 1: Sensor unit and wiring placed in heat resistant trunking

WP_20171104_15_25_51_Pro.jpg
WP_20171104_15_25_51_Pro.jpg (358.41 KiB) Viewed 6621 times

Pic 2: Tombstone before fitting the new gauge (note the heated seat switches in the centre 52mm gauge blank plate)

WP_20170623_13_53_19_Pro2.jpg
WP_20170623_13_53_19_Pro2.jpg (385.9 KiB) Viewed 6621 times

Pic 3: Tombstone after fitting the new Temp gauge fitted (Rh most gauge as it's the easiest to see from drivers seat). Also the heated seat switches are now located just below and either side of the air vents. I had about 3mm of room to play with as the heater control panel takes up most of the space in the area at the back of the tombstone. It was a bit of a pig to fit the heated seat switches if truth be know as there's very little room. Also the wiring runs down the side of the tombstone and it a bit tight but well protected). However the end-result I'm really happy with. AND it all works which is a bonus :-D

[attachment=2]WP_20171105_12_37_13_Pro.jpg[/attachment}
Attachments
WP_20171105_12_37_13_Pro 2.jpg
WP_20171105_12_37_13_Pro 2.jpg (367.73 KiB) Viewed 6621 times

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”