What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Alloy Wheel Refurbs

Meet Dave and Emily from Deepcar Autobodies also known as Painterdave for those in the scene, come and see what his magic hands can create with his attention to detail..........
painterdave

Alloy Wheel Refurbs

Postby painterdave » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 am

We have just sorted these really nasty Lexus alloys for a customer, painted them in a shadow silver,look a lot better now :)

painterdave

Re: Alloy Wheel Refurbs

Postby painterdave » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:52 pm

Here are some Nissan 350z Alloys we have just done for a customer

Before

In primer ready for paint

Backs Painted

painterdave

Postby painterdave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:19 am

Here are some Porsche BBS split rims we are just finishing off for a customer

Will be rebuilding them up tomorrow so will post finished pics

painterdave

Postby painterdave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Split rims all finished and built up

Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Very nice.... I need to get my ass in gear and get on with sorting my wife's wheels. Quick question though what do I use to get rid of some rough kerbing along the lip. Can post up a pic if needed.
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4699
painterdave

Postby painterdave » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeah post a pic up so i can see how bad it is and i'll let you know

Dave

Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:47 pm

Quick pic of one wheel. Taken in the dark so sorry but you should get an impression of what the damage is like. :text-thankyouyellow:
image.jpg
image.jpg (82.02 KiB) Viewed 47511 times
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
painterdave

Postby painterdave » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:10 pm

Its not that bad buddy, are you going to tackle it yourself or asking what a bodyshop would charge ?

If it was me i usually charge about ÂŁ40 to ÂŁ45 depending on size and condition of the rest of the wheel

Dave

Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:39 pm

I was thinking of doing it myself i plan to sell them on as the mini has gone to a new home. The rest of the wheel is in good order so if I can tidy up the edges then it might make them a bit more saleable.
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Getting there slowly
painterdave

Postby painterdave » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Hard to tell on the pics but are they just a solid black, the hardest part is getting the correct colour match,

Depending on how deep the scratches are depends on what grit paper you should use, by the looks of the pic you put up they aren't that bad so i would start off with poss 320 grit then work down to 500 then poss wet flat with 800, keeping the repair as small as possible, mask off the tyre with masking tape then apply a couple of coats of primer, leave to dry for about 20 mins then wet flat with 800 then apply the colour,depending on whether they are a satin or gloss finish apply a couple of coats of lacquer then leave to dry overnight

Hope this helps

Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 pm

Many thanks buddy.

Not in a hurry but I can get the bits and pieces together, paint etc as I don't have any of that and then get into it down the line. :text-thankyouyellow: :obscene-drinkingcheers:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Getting there slowly
SaahilD
New

Postby SaahilD » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:01 pm

I’ll have to dig up the Sparco NSII you did for me. That was a job well done if ever I saw one!

Return to “Deepcar Autobodies..... sheffield”