What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Best sill repair in the South?

This is the section to see what is hidding behind those panels, and how to get rid of the tin worm, cutting out and welding in fresh metal, protection and paint.
Mickcafc
Regular

Best sill repair in the South?

Postby Mickcafc » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi all, wheres the best place in the South to get the sills done? I am in London but dont mind travelling a bit. They are not bad but just had some new coilovers/ brakes done at MX5 parts and they reckon its the next big thing I should address. Want a good job done as I intend keeping hold of the old girl (1990). Cheers, Mick.
DavesBRG5

Re: Best sill repair in the South?

Postby DavesBRG5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:02 pm

Give Andrew a ring at Autolink about the sills or Garath The MX5 Restorer comes highly recommended.

http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

http://www.themx5restorer.co.uk/
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Mickcafc
Regular

Postby Mickcafc » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks Dave, will do.
Ricolas
Serial Poster

Postby Ricolas » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:08 pm

I had mine done at MX5Restorer, and Garath and team did a great job. Looks better than new, and is guaranteed for 3 (?) years. And one of mine was a mess due to a patch job put on a few years back...
Ricolas
UK registered MX5 1991 Mariner Blue pretty much all original!

Beckenham, Kent
Mark.T
Just Run In

Postby Mark.T » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:56 pm

I had mine done at the MX5 Restorer too. Very pleased with the work done ..

Before:

After:

18 months later, they're still as new :)

They are about to move to new, bigger premises too :)

Mark
1996, MK1 Roadster, S-Special Type 11
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Postby The Captain » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

Plus one for Garath, but get in quick, they are really very busy at the moment.
roadster1980

Postby roadster1980 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:00 pm

Mark[/quote]

The job looks good but I cant help but look and think that the paint is terribly thin on the bottom edge, you can still see the white/grey primer underneath. Looks like the painter has a glass back and is afraid to bend down to get paint there in case it shatters
td-05 turbo@.6bar 190.8hp
Build thread
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1399
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 pm

Might just be the way the light is catching it. Reflections do some odd things on paintwork.
Niall

1997 1.8i Roadster in Black
- Induction kit, Stainless Exhaust System, Lowered Springs
1998 1.8i S MX-5 in Silver
- Under restoration

Also into taking a few pictures - check out my website.
Mickcafc
Regular

Postby Mickcafc » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:35 pm

Hi, i.'m taking her to Andrew at Autolink end of the month. Let you know but I have heard good things.....touch wood.
agent_orange
Epic Poster

Postby agent_orange » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:49 pm

Mickcafc wrote:Hi, i.'m taking her to Andrew at Autolink end of the month. Let you know but I have heard good things.....touch wood.

I was a bit slow seeing this thread, but there is a superb coach works chap based in New Malden who repaired my sills.

MazdaMender himself said he couldnt believe new sills were welded in - they were done that well. Also the paint work was absolutely top notch, especially the blending which on my 5 is a mica paint so making it a little trickier. That job was done a good three years ago if not more. Yet still looking strong for a few more years despite me (stupidly) not ensuring that the inside of the sills should be filled with something to keep the rust out :doh:

Need to mention ofcourse that as this particular outfit is a Coach Works, you will need to provide the replacement sills.

So if you want another name in the pot, I will be happy to dig out his contact details.
2003 Mk 2.5 Euphonic Velocity Red Sadly died of rust cancer
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
Mickcafc
Regular

Postby Mickcafc » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi, these are the pics of the sills that Andrew at Autolink took before replacing them. I am back in Norway so didn't get time to take new 'after' pictures but they did a top job. I'll post some pics next month when I get back. Total for both sides were ÂŁ400 +vat all in. Nice helpful bloke too. Be lucky, Mick.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.43 KiB) Viewed 13948 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (216.93 KiB) Viewed 13948 times
mk1divemaster
Serial Poster

Postby mk1divemaster » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 pm

roadster1980 wrote:Image

Mark

The job looks good but I cant help but look and think that the paint is terribly thin on the bottom edge, you can still see the white/grey primer underneath. Looks like the painter has a glass back and is afraid to bend down to get paint there in case it shatters[/quote]
What was cost ??

Return to “General Body shop”