What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Deal or no deal?

Old posts and threads live here for Mx/Roadster chat and banter, please feel free to have a nosey
Stevo
Just Run In

Deal or no deal?

Postby Stevo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 pm

It`s no secret I love MK1`s ....I just couldn`t find a good one so bought a Mk2.5.
Here`s the thing, fella has just asked me to do a straight swap!
Mk1 Merlot, 2 owners 45K UK 1996. Excellent condition, no history ( got lost in the floods in Workington)
New wheels and tyres, good leather interior and new roof.
Mine has FMSH, excellent roof and leather interior, new coil overs and heated leather seats, steering wheel etc etc....tempted but I`m no mechanical genius. He says the cam belt has been inspected and does not need replacing. I thought it should be replaced just because of the cars age.
This Merlot is a cracker and he values it at 3K. At the end of the day any car is worth only worth what someone is prepared to pay.
Any thoughts on this dudes?
I`d keep the Mazda Satin style bars and hardtop...may even swop my Rotas over if I do the deal?
Last edited by Stevo on Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Re: Deal or no deal?

Postby flea » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm

Flea say's
Follow your heart it's only money. What ever makes you happy is the right way to go.
But take as many nice bits off the one your gonna swop if that's what you do ;)

I have been known to be wrong as you probably already know :whistle:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:53 am

No history, and the cam belt looks ok?hhmmm, i would have a very deep check around that Mx, and if it is ok. personally i would swap the 2.5 and get some cash off him.
1) because of the differance and 2) so you can start history and have a full on service done, because it does sound like it needs it.
But if the paper work is a bit dodgy, how do you know the miles are correct? do some searching on her ,for any crashes etc before parting with any cash, remember he wants to sell the motor so any story will do?
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Postby The Captain » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 am

Personally I wouldn't do the swap mate. Even that low mileage doesn't really make it worth 3K. I would hang on and find another one then sell your 2.5 privately, taking all the extras off it as they will not increase the value at all.
alan
Regular

Postby alan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:36 pm

How come the history was flooded out snd not the car ! I would not go for it given the floods etc and no history there are lots of nice mk1 out there but if it were me I would keep the 2.5
Alan :whistle:
1990 Silver MK1 1600 SOLD
You have the right to remain silent Anything you say will be misquoted then used against you
IF YOU CANT FIX IT WITH A HAMMER YOUVE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM
Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:44 pm

If it looks dodgy it probably is dodgy.
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Fully blinged up (thanks M-m)
Lowered into the weeds hung on Gaz Gold Pro's.
jimbobsquarepants
Regular

Postby jimbobsquarepants » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Buy both!

They are so different, I would suggest driving the Mk1 first, Mine goes all over the UK but I wish the long haul work stuff was in the Mk2! The Mk1 is great a great go-kart for local runs etc but the Mk2 is more of a GT....
Norfolk Fives - Great Cars - Great Friends - Great fun

Check out the Norfolk Fives web portal at: www.norfolkfives.co.uk

Return to “ARCHIVE:- Mx/Roadster Chat and banter”