What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

A gentle weekend out in the Mk3

Old posts and threads live in here for Track and Racing ,please feel free to have a nosey.
locke-alike
New

Postby locke-alike » Tue May 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi and here’s the May instalment of the ever more famous racing blog.

There are many wives who are wishing that they’re husbands, boyfriends, significant others had never seen this blog as its brought quite a few new drivers into racing!

Anyway thanks to all for keep reading.

Saturday

Up at 03.30 and on the long road by 04.00 and the sky cleared and the sun was shining hard by the time I arrived at Brands Hatch and found somewhere to park team Robbo.

Chris B made me a lovely cuppa and tried to slow me down with custard creams, I refused as I was saving myself for a full English !!!

After Breakfast we went back to the Paddock and met the two guest drivers Will Chappel and Bafel Ahmed. Bafel regaled us in glorious tales of his trips to the Nurburgring. One of which began with a German 911 owner offering him a pass lap with those fateful words

” come vith me I und an egspert” and yes he crashed with Bafel in the passenger seat and wrote his car off…Baf fitted right in with the crowd

Onto the qualifying and I went out mid pack and found myself holding out well with R. Chilcott (no84) and I.Loversidge(no 4) right up my chuff after 4 laps I moved over too see if it would be quicker with rob at the front and after 4 laps or so he did the same and let Ian lead..seemed a good way to drag ourselves up and qualifying was very close 0.6 second covered our best laps with Rob just ahead and Ian behind so 8th on the grid and the outside going into Paddock…well onto the race then

A few hours spent watching the other races and just sitting around chatting led to race 1.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4E8oaV3lW8Q

I was really chuffed with the good start and the battle I had with Rob (an ex superkart European champion in 2009) He has a good feel for the car and admitted to doing 48 second laps in his Kart so knew the circuit well.

Consistency was good with 18 out of the 21 laps all under the minute mark .58.761 being the quickest.

The evening was spent on the sofa with Jeremy Hibbert and by all accounts the raspberry Vodka made us the best comedy duo since Little and Large (not that funny then!)

At just gone 11.0 we called it a night as the air was getting nippy and I retired to camp Robbo which id placed on a bit of grass that slopped…I only slid off the end of the bed a few times…..Oh the dreams where filled with Glory and that quote from Senna

“ Racing is living, everything before and after it is just waiting”

Sunday

The usual breakfast followed a good nights sleep. And I checked the car over and added one gallon of fuel and the bloody fuel warning light went out and the gauge shot up to nearly half…it still showed a ¼ after the race.

Once again a good start was had but Rob was ready to shut me down as we approached paddock…And Ian nipped by us both and charged towards Druids….

Ahh the video will have to tell the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIU1dyjL2_

I had a really good weekend and felt that for the first time was getting really comftable with being VERY close to the cars around me and didn’t shy away from challenging going into corners. And once again 18 out of 21 laps wer under that minute mark, the best being 58.719

So onto Anglesey on the 16 -17th June

And I’m also involved in the MX5 owners club bash at Blyton at the end of June

Thanks again

Alan
Last edited by locke-alike on Tue May 15, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Re: A gentle weekend out in the Mk3

Postby The Captain » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

Nice write up Alan
locke-alike
New

Postby locke-alike » Tue May 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Thanks,

and ive tweeked the youtube entry so they work now...each forum uses a different tag

Alan
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue May 15, 2012 3:59 pm

Nice one Al, my son will love to read this up later.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Tue May 15, 2012 7:37 pm

Cracker Alan, I must find the time to view the video all the way through, well done.... :clap:
1989 Fresh import with 30,000 km, Maruha Four Pot calipers, 270mm disks, Rose jointed drop links, Uprated ARB's, MeisterR CRD Coilovers, Rota wheels, LSD, Zoom console, Maruha Alternator, Jenvey ITB's, Megasquirt ECU
1st Modified Class Bristol OC Spring Rally
2nd Weston Park April 2017
1st 'Modern Classic' Stafford Castle Classic Show July 2018
3rd 'Best Japanese Classic' Tatton Park Aug 18
1st Modified Class Ragley Hall OC National SEP 18
1st Easter show Weston Park 2019
2nd 80's class Newport Easter show 2019

2011 2.0 RC Sport Tech in Aluminium, Smart Top.
The JDM junkie
Site Admin

Postby The JDM junkie » Tue May 15, 2012 9:29 pm

That is totally awesome Alan. I just wish I could of been their. That's done it for me now, I'm defiantly going into racing when I'm old enough. :P
1993 1.6 mk1.5 In Silverstone metallic. -Being made special :)
I am one of the Buccaneer5!
Doogledog

Postby Doogledog » Tue May 15, 2012 9:44 pm

Mini MM wrote:That is totally awesome Alan. I just wish I could of been their. That's done it for me know, I'm defiantly going into racing when I'm old enough. :P

Take a look here for minimum ages...

http://www.gomotorsport.net/en-GB/godrive/under17s.html
Former owne of Eunos Roadster VR-Ltd comb B - lots of mods
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Wed May 16, 2012 10:38 am

Lovely Jubley
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8