What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Why cant all cars be as simple as an MX

Chat about anything to do with cars that are not Mx/Roadster related
blackyb

Why cant all cars be as simple as an MX

Postby blackyb » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Well, with it being nearly MOT time for the MX and the VW, thought it prudent to check them over, not that the MX really needed it as she is running, stopping and staying stopped fine (handbrake)

Now my hearse (Passat Estate) is running fine, stopping fine but struggled to stay stopped the other day when I applied the handbrake, so while the 3in1 lift was out, popped her on and stripped the rear brakes down, possibly have a sticking O/S/R caliper but nothing more, and as the caliper sat back on the pads without needing winding back, cleaned up and rebuilt them up.

So one would assume that nothing should have altered!

WRONG!!!

I now have a spongy creeping brake pedal and a non functional handbrake - totally confused so given up. Stuck it in the garage and will have another look later. But can anyone tell me why a rear O/S caliper should be ÂŁ5.00 dearer than the N/S, they look the same (but obviously the other way around)

The MX on the other hand is perfectly happy.

Time for a beer!!!!

:obscene-drinkingcheers:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Vanquishman
Regular

Re: Why cant all cars be as simple as an MX

Postby Vanquishman » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Tell me about it mate. Makes no sense.

And talking of keeping things simple i still have a set of upgrade bulbs for the X Type as the idea that you should be able to just pop the hood, unclip a light cover and change a bulb within two minutes seems to have been an alien concept to Jaguar.

So many more user friendly bits and pieces on the MX5 it's amazing. It's the car that just keeps on giving.

Return to “Non Mx/roadster general car topics”