What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Breaking Mk2.5 Phoenix

Deequeue
Just Run In

Breaking Mk2.5 Phoenix

Postby Deequeue » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi All,

Right - so it looks like my 2.5 is going to the place reserved for inner rear arches and buggered floor pans, so I'm going to break the car. This will be post-funding my next MX5 and potentially some Meister's, so - please be generous!

As the title, its a mk 2.5 Phoenix 1.8 in titanium mica with Tan interior, has done 75k miles, and virtually all parts are available - there is no damage at all to the car. Fitted with the remote central locking kit and boot release, and the option front foglights. The interior is in fantastic condition, leather is still nice and supple and the plastics are clean and unscratched.

Doors, bootlid, bonnet, front and rear bumper and windscreen are all in great condition, the bootlid has a small scratch on, as does the bonnet, however these were touched in by the PO.

Engine is lovely and quiet, gearbox is nice and slick since I replaced the shift collar, turret oil and rubber gaiter about 2 months ago. Un-boltable bodywork (apart from front wings which need de-rust and paint on arches / lowers ) is in good / excellent condition. The engine may be available for the right price, as I may end up turboing my next car and if I do this I would take the original motor out and will use my current one as the donor.

The Torsen LSD and matching hard top (non-heated) may be available, however it will depend on if my next car has LSD / Hardtop. I will not know this until after the purchase is made. If someone is interested, I will keep them posted.

Wheels are standard mazda 15" rims, recently refurbed, and in good condition with 4 legal tyres. 2 are pretty new random brand, 2 are well used pirelli's but have decent tread left

Vinyl roof is in good condition, apart from a small nick on either side where the roof folds, however it is still waterproof.

All other parts are available, and I am open to offers on all stuff, any reasonable offer will be accepted.

Thanks
Dale
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Breaking Mk2.5 Phoenix

Postby Mazda Mender » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:11 pm

:text-worthless:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Deequeue
Just Run In

Postby Deequeue » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:45 am

LOL thanks for that Wayne :)

Pics of the car can be found here - I'm afraid I dont have may as I've only had it 3 months - you can also see the reason its going :(

http://s955.photobucket.com/user/deequeue/library/Smos

If people would like more detailed pics of any items, I am more than happy to take some. The Nearside panels are fine - its just thats how the car is parked when not garaged :)
Ground Hugger
Just Run In

Postby Ground Hugger » Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi Dale,
Sorry that you've decided to break your car.

I have a mark 2 that I am putting leather heated seats into, I have the seats and the switches for the dash.
What I am looking for is the wiring between the 2 if possible.

If that's too much of a faff for you, then I'd happily settle for the plugs at each end plus a couple of inches of wiring.

Cheers Dave.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:12 am

Would have been very interested in the seats had they been black, pity she is being broken, take it she is too far gone for the magic fingers of Mm!!!
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Deequeue
Just Run In

Postby Deequeue » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:06 am

Hi Both,

Groundhugger - that shouldnt be a problem for the harness, as I'm looking at replacements with heated seats. How urgently are you in need of it?

I only ask as I want to get my new one sorted, and figure out which bits I need to take across from my current one.

Blackyb - You may be in luck, as if I manage to find the next one in the right colour, I will be moving my phoenix interior across - as long as it looks good!. If thats the case and the new one has black seats, I'll drop you a PM about it.

Dale
Ground Hugger
Just Run In

Postby Ground Hugger » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi Dale,
Whenever you are ready.
Can't see me needing heated seats for a while now, with summer just around the corner :handgestures-thumbup:

Cheers Dave
petermg

Postby petermg » Mon May 04, 2015 5:37 pm

hi, are the fog lights for sale?

Return to “Items For Sale”