What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

SOLD>>Fabulous, timewarp condition 97 MX5 Harvard FOR SALE 19k miles<<<SOLD

Mx/Roadsters for sale From us and you,Any traders DO need to get in touch first ,otherwise it will be removed
vindaloo
Just Run In

SOLD>>Fabulous, timewarp condition 97 MX5 Harvard FOR SALE 19k miles<<<SOLD

Postby vindaloo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:52 pm

This was previously my car and I passed it on to a good friend who now wants to move it on to a new owner as he would like to venture to the 'dark side' and try a MK3. It truly is possibly the finest original UK MK1 available anywhere in the UK. I have written the ad for him, so this is as it will appear in Car & Classic and other sites. If there is any interest please contact me and I will provide the owner's details.

THE CAR

1997 Mazda MX5 1.8 Harvard Special Edition Mileage 19,031

I purchased this car from a good friend, and MX5 Owners Club member back in 2010; he had purchased it from the original owner with 9k miles on the clock. To say my friend is a perfectionist is an understatement and it is difficult to put the condition of this car into words when I bought it and what it is like today. The car is in unbelievable time-warp condition, it could pass for a few months old, and paintwork is original, stunningly shiny and undamaged, at most one or two pinhead size stone chips on the whole car, not a single scratch, dent or mark. The engine bay, underside and wheel arches are pristine, with all the original suspension components still shining in gloss black. The factory fit original exhaust is still on the car and in great condition.

The original spot welds on the rear wings sills and door shuts are clearly visible.

The Harvard badges fitted to each front wing and boot lid are original and 100% perfect.

The car has just been fitted (one month) with a Mohair hood in burgundy with heated glass rear window, this matches well with the burgundy interior and original almost new looking Harvard special edition overmats. The colour of this hood complements and enhances the gleaming silver paintwork more so than the original plain black vinyl version.

The interior is original other than the replacement of the original ‘wood’ interior trim with a sympathetic alternative, which is in keeping with the original. The OEM trim had delaminated slightly so was replaced. The burgundy leather seats are original and like all Harvard’s have faded very slightly. The door cards are undamaged and original. The original MOMO steering wheel is undamaged. A chrome style bar is fitted but the buyer will also be provided with the original straight bar as factory fitted. The original gear knob will also be provided.

The engine bay sports a highly polished cam cover but again I have the cast finish original and this will be supplied with the car. A cone filter is currently fitted, the original airbox will also be provided with the car. The under bonnet area is truly stunning looking like it has just left the factory with barely a rusty nut or bolt, it has to be seen to be believed.

Under the wheel arches, the original paint is clearly on display looking more like 6 months old than 20 years. All the original suspension components are present but some bushes have been replaced. The wishbones, shockers and springs still showing off their factory gloss black finish, the dates on the suspension showing 1997 clearly visible, looking like they were made yesterday.

ASKING PRICE

Please don't fall over (or laugh ) when you see how much I want for this beautiful car, just bear in mind what a rare car in such magnificent condition you will be buying. Dealers are advertising similarly rare cars for between £10 and £13k. The value of these cars is starting to climb and this is a chance to buy one from a real enthusiast for a sensible price without a massive dealer mark-up

I AM ASKING £7,995

OTHER DETAILS

The car is a 1997 registered vehicle and it has 19,031 miles on the odometer.

12 months MOT will be supplied with the car, Tyres are a matched set of Dunlop Blue Response fitted within the last 1,000 miles.

The car has been garaged every single night of it’s entire 20 year life, never driven in the Winter and hardly ever been driven in the rain.

The car has been maintained to a high standard being serviced regularly using the finest oils and components.

The car has been treated to Dinitrol Cavity wax

WHY AM I SELLING?

You might well ask after extolling the virtues of this beautiful car why do I want to sell it? The truth is I’d like to try a MK3 and having owned the MK1 for 7 years I just fancy a change, my loss is your gain!

If you have any questions about any aspect of the car please feel free to contact me and I can also provide a collection of high-resolution photographs. Viewing this car to appreciate what a wonderful example it is highly recommended, by appointment please.

Links to Picture Gallery

https://postimg.org/gallery/20mpxh706/

2019 ND RF GT SPORT NAV + Snowflake/ Auburn
vindaloo
Just Run In

Re: Fabulous, timewarp condition 97 MX5 Harvard FOR SALE 19k miles

Postby vindaloo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:04 am

Had a rethink on the price, now at £7,995
2019 ND RF GT SPORT NAV + Snowflake/ Auburn
vindaloo
Just Run In

Re: Fabulous, timewarp condition 97 MX5 Harvard FOR SALE 19k miles