What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Concours show winning Mk1

Mx/Roadsters for sale From us and you,Any traders DO need to get in touch first ,otherwise it will be removed
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:58 pm

The time has come to part with my Concours show winning 1996 Classic Red 1.8i Mk1

It is the most famous of Mk1’s. It first appeared in Classic Monthly magazine in 2010, and in the same year was on display at the NEC Classic show at the invitation of Meguiars on their showcase stand. Countless show wins which include a much respected 3rd place at Waxstock 2013 a showcase of the top 16 cars from Detailing World.
Invitation by Mazda UK to appear in the 2014 film ‘British Sports Cars’.
Front cover of Mazda Zoom Zoom magazine 2014.
Photograph appearance in the Mazda 25th Anniversary magazine 2014.

I purchased this Mk1 in 2009 from an elderly owner who kept it a heated garage under a cover and included full Mazda service history, MOT’s back to 1999 and showing 12000 miles.
It is most very probably the ‘Very Best Mk1’ unmolested standard and original example you will find anywhere in the country, having now covered a mere 19000 miles with the original paintwork professionally detailed by ‘Autodetox’ to a very high standard.
Underneath the main chassis has a coating of Dintrol Wax professionally applied in 2009 by ‘Chassis Clean’
In 2012 the suspension and sub-frames were restored to ‘As New’ condition. Mazda original equipment shock absorbers and springs, back plates, disks, pads, steering arms, ball joints, every nut and bolt to original condition.
The sub-frames and suspension arms were fully restored and finished in original black paint.
Full Alignment by ‘Wheels in Motion’

The engine also in original condition having been serviced annually along with a new cam belt fitted in 2010.
Interior is also completely original with no signs of wear.
The original vinyl hood and plastic rear window again in as new condition.
Sitting on original steel wheels, I also have the dealer supplied alloys.
Currently stored in an Air-Chamber designed to control rapid changes in air temperature, preventing condensation, damp & rust.
Let me know if you find a better one for £10000
1989 Fresh import with 30,000 km, Maruha Four Pot calipers, 270mm disks, Rose jointed drop links, Uprated ARB's, MeisterR CRD Coilovers, Rota wheels, LSD, Zoom console, Maruha Alternator, Jenvey ITB's, Megasquirt ECU
1st Modified Class Bristol OC Spring Rally
2nd Weston Park April 2017
1st 'Modern Classic' Stafford Castle Classic Show July 2018
3rd 'Best Japanese Classic' Tatton Park Aug 18
1st Modified Class Ragley Hall OC National SEP 18
1st Easter show Weston Park 2019
2nd 80's class Newport Easter show 2019

2011 2.0 RC Sport Tech in Aluminium, Smart Top.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Concours show winning Mk1

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:09 pm

I think you will find that it will always be the second famous Mr Ian :teasing-neener: :laughing-rolling: :obscene-buttsway:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Have you asked any of the car museums if they were interested Ian?
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:15 pm

flea wrote:Have you asked any of the car museums if they were interested Ian?

Yes Roy, Mazda were contacted before Christmas and awaiting a reply, they are looking for promotional cars for the Mk4 coming out.
1989 Fresh import with 30,000 km, Maruha Four Pot calipers, 270mm disks, Rose jointed drop links, Uprated ARB's, MeisterR CRD Coilovers, Rota wheels, LSD, Zoom console, Maruha Alternator, Jenvey ITB's, Megasquirt ECU

Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:39 pm

Beautiful car..... Has to go to someone who is going to look after it like you do. Stunning example.
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4699
Happy Mondays
Regular

Postby Happy Mondays » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:28 am

Hi
I was just wondering what happened next to your gorgeous car? Did Mazda snap it up or someone else? Hope you got the outcome you wanted! :handgestures-thumbup:
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:14 pm

No outcome for now Paula, Have been in contact with the company that look after the Mazda Heritage cars but nothing definite yet.

Pincherrn
Serial Poster

Postby Pincherrn » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:19 pm

Sorry to hear you are selling this Ian. Hope it gets treated the same by its new owner, whoever they are. :sad:
MEV Exocet.
1995 1.8 Mk1 White Roadster. S Special Type I.
Exocet build thread - http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1138
http://www.jansholistics.co.uk/
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:30 pm

Emailed the company that do video Mazda promotional stuff, I met them at the Reef filming and have kept in touch with the director since then.
:shock: They have emailed back saying they will let Mazda know of the sale. :shhh:

BenF
Epic Poster

Postby BenF » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:41 pm

Have you considered contacting C&SC?
Speedy
Epic Poster

Postby Speedy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:57 pm

BenF wrote:Have you considered contacting C&SC?

I haven't Ben, I know one of the journalists James Page, he drove the car at Longcross when he was with Classics Monthly and they featured it in an article with the Elan. In fact he loved it so much he went and bought one for himself.
Good idea, I will find his email address and drop him a line. (Email sent )
Looks like he is now the magazine editor. Magazine editor: James Page

Hmmm

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/blog ... t-or-is-it

Happy Mondays
Regular

Postby Happy Mondays » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:04 pm

Hope you make progress soon and it gets the home it deserves!
BenF
Epic Poster

Postby BenF » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Speedy wrote:
BenF wrote:Have you considered contacting C&SC?

I haven't Ben, I know one of the journalists James Page, he drove the car at Longcross when he was with Classics Monthly and they featured it in an article with the Elan. In fact he loved it so much he went and bought one for himself.
Good idea, I will find his email address and drop him a line. (Email sent )
Looks like he is now the magazine editor. Magazine editor: James Page

Hmmm

http://www.classicandsportscar.com/blog ... t-or-is-it

:handgestures-thumbup:

Return to “The forecourt (Mx-5/roadsters)”