What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

MK 1 Eunos 1992 Starts Then Stops

Got a problem, need some advice ?
Get in here and ask the pros. There will always be one to bring you the correct answer, quickly.
Please bare in mind advice offered by some may not be correct. Pay attention to user ratings and status for a better idea on their knowledge.
g0aku

MK 1 Eunos 1992 Starts Then Stops

Postby g0aku » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:48 am

DSCI0067.JPG
DSCI0067.JPG (154.88 KiB) Viewed 23171 times
DSCI0064.JPG
DSCI0064.JPG (213.82 KiB) Viewed 23171 times

Here I go.........

1992 eunos 1.6 v spec 164000 kms

starts then stop after say 1 secs feels like lack of fuel sometimes i put on lights then starts but now fault has got worse can happen any time does not stop when running no performance loss does it hot or cold

rod graingers manual used

fault led flashes 1 = ign pulse

changed ignitor block same stop and start

things i have checked to no avail

fuel relay swapped

curcuit open relay

ign switch conntacts

removed imobiliser

fuel pump

maf all contacts and readings

engine earth strap by exhaust

coil pack swapped

cas swapped

all ign /fuel related wires/connectors

good spark from removed plug

dia socket bridged for fuel pump

removed fuel cap

Now thinking Ign Switch Intermittent conntact
i must have tried more things but got puddled trying to remember them tried the switch a while ago even stripped it down to touch up the contacts checked spring tension. Tried starting yesterday morning before kids and grandkids came round for mothers day blipped the throttle to try and catch the blighter and noticed no tacho reading although I reckon I revved it to 3000 rpm so todays mission is going down igniter wiring route also after this I disconnected batt to clear any faults then out on link and led to find 01 fault ie one flash already swapped igniter block I have spare igniter,coils,cas, fuel relay

I think its all over,took out Fuel Pump to check for Black Connector non found,looked on Internet for Wiring Diag none in Rods Manual, no 12v out of blue wire on Igniter block, no conituity from Ign Switch connector block to Igniter but 12v to blue wire on Coil, wired a temp link to Ignitor the thing started and kept on running. Removed the Igniter connecter and then the brkt that holds it and the Charcoal valve thingy, un wound harness tape the blue wire was down to a few strands must have been rubbing out of view under brkt. Soldered and heat shrink, 12v all the time and also its a nice sunny day,

Many thanks Wayne for your input over my troubled times,

Cheers Rob.
Attachments
DSCI0066.JPG
DSCI0066.JPG (241.62 KiB) Viewed 23171 times
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: MK 1 Eunos 1992 Starts Then Stops

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:17 am

Great stuff and thanks for your time putting this together so it may help others that could hit this issue, made it a sticky and will copy it into the How tos. :bow-yellow:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

Return to “Problems”