What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Laserline Alarm Control Box Location?

Got a problem, need some advice ?
Get in here and ask the pros. There will always be one to bring you the correct answer, quickly.
Please bare in mind advice offered by some may not be correct. Pay attention to user ratings and status for a better idea on their knowledge.
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Re: Laserline Alarm Control Box Location?

Postby Shadgrind » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:16 pm

A bit of a way from you, not in 'pie land' soft southern shandy drinker here!
Mk4 Machine Grey 2.0 184BHP, SE-L + Nav and Apple Carplay
Colin S
Regular

Postby Colin S » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Having spent some time under the dash of mine lately ( a long storey told in another thread!), I didn't find my alarm box control unit either. I did find the wiring that was causing my problem however. :-D

The Alarm box wiring all seemed to run to behind a plastic panel on the drivers side inner wing, under the dash. slightly in front of and below the fuse box. I have no idea how this comes off as I didn't need to get at the control box.

Whereabouts "down sarf" are you? -I am on Kent/Sussex border
Racing Bronze Mk2 1.8iS
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:26 pm

Anyone close on here to find the bl**dy thing. :coffee:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Duplicate! Keep getting post errors about some HTML code template error, or something like that?
Last edited by Shadgrind on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Colin S wrote:Having spent some time under the dash of mine lately ( a long storey told in another thread!), I didn't find my alarm box control unit either. I did find the wiring that was causing my problem however. :-D

The Alarm box wiring all seemed to run to behind a plastic panel on the drivers side inner wing, under the dash. slightly in front of and below the fuse box. I have no idea how this comes off as I didn't need to get at the control box.

Whereabouts "down sarf" are you? -I am on Kent/Sussex border

Hungerford, don't google it, or you'll think its full of mass murderers! Near to Newbury.
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:56 pm

I have a couple of avenues to check, under the spare tyre, under the cover for the switchgear and ignition barrel area too but think there is not enuf room!
Colin S
Regular

Postby Colin S » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 pm

As a start, take the panel under the steering wheel off ( two screws at the bottom then carefully disengage from the clips at the top.)

Grab an inspection light, contort yourself into the foot well and look to the right. You should see a black plastic cover panel on the inner wing. Have a look to see if you can see any wiring that looks like an alarm loom going into it.

I think that the panel usually covers the wiring that then runs in a conduit along the side of the sill, under the carpet to the rear of the car.

I have just had a look at mine (the photos not the actual car at this time of night !) and it seems that the panel is probably held on with the centre pin type trim clips.

These are similar to the ones that hold the door card. Carefully prise the centre pin out first ( I use a small electrical flat bladed screwdriver) then the outer part-dont try and prise it out in one go as it is likely to break-the centre pin spreads the outer part of the clip. If you are not sure practise on one of the door card ones as you can at least see what you are doing.

Hopefully the alarm box will be behind this panel-I am pretty sure that is where mine is located as the alarm wiring definitely runs behind this panel.

Do you know if the alarm was fitted from new? Mine was but as an after market fitting on import from Europe.

Hope this helps
Racing Bronze Mk2 1.8iS
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:30 am

If you mean the panel that is about six or seven inches long and five or six high. The pin is towards the front of the car, it's just above the top of sill height, rubber door trim at the back? Then, I have looked at it, twice actually, as I thought I may have missed it.

Have had the panel under steering wheel off but was only doing it to get at instrument binnacle. Will look again though, not sure if there is room there.
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:42 pm

Update! Found it BUT I can't work out how to program the remote fob! It's model number is 929 and it was under the bonnet, and is part of the siren. There are about 9 dip switches hidden under a cover.
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Shadgrind wrote:Update! Found it BUT I can't work out how to program the remote fob! It's model number is 929 and it was under the bonnet, and is part of the siren. There are about 9 dip switches hidden under a cover.

Can you take a picture & post up please :handgestures-thumbup:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Will try and get one in the light, a bit hard to get at though. Am talking to Bridgewater Electronics who supply spare fobs, recon they can sort it.
Shadgrind
Serial Poster

Postby Shadgrind » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:20 pm

Result!

Got the instructions from Bridgewater Electronics
Remote Control Programming Procedure

Laserline 929/930/ 988/ 989

To program remote controls for use with either the Laserline 929 or the Laserline 988, follow the procedure detailed below:

1. Ensure the alarm is disarmed with the original remote handset.

2. Turn the vehicle ignition to the 'ON' position.

3. Open the car bonnet and remove the access plate on the rear of the siren.

4. Move 'DIP Switch No.1' to the 'ON' position. The facia LED will now illuminate constantly.

5. Within 30 seconds of constant LED illumination depress the arm/disarm button on the new remote control until the facia LED 'blinks'. The new remote is now coded.

6. Again, within 30 seconds, code the original remote as above (5). It is possible to code a further two remotes during the 30 second period.

7. Reposition 'DIP Switch No.1' to its original position and refit the access plate onto the rear of the siren.

8. Turn the vehicle ignition 'OFF' and test all of the remote controls.

Note: Should it be necessary to replace the battery in a remote control, and if in subsequent use the control fails to operate the alarm, depress and hold down the arm/disarm button until the control LED turns 'OFF'. Now release and depress the arm/disarm button again, and the system should operate correctly. Should the LED fail to turn 'OFF' the battery needs replacing.

All OK now, new remote works like a charm!
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:27 pm

:handgestures-thumbup:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 am

:handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/

Return to “Problems”