What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Car buyers and road tax.

Anything goes in here.. within reason
nedski
Serial Poster

Car buyers and road tax.

Postby nedski » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:24 am

If you wish to pay online go here.
https://www.taxdisc.service.gov.uk/

By phone 0300 123 4321

3rd option the Post Office.

If you are buying a car YOU need to tax it before driving away ! no excuses.
Remeber there is No 24hours free period etc. The tax belongs to the last owner and does not transfer.

I encountered my first problem. A customer came to collect a car on a Saturday, neither the phone or online service above would accept the log book reference number. IT was an expensive car and the buyer was getting concerned and rightly so. The local post office which is the 3rd option was still open and I had to drive the customer there. The log book scanned in at the Post office no problem and the tax was bought. The customer was about to walk away thinking the car and documents must be dodgy.

So the online and phone service is not perfect be warned. If at all possible conduct any sales in the daytime when all 3 taxing options are available just in case of problems.
Mk1 1.6 Turbo. Gaz shocks. Tr Lane roll bar.
Garage Owner, Lincolshire
Helper to the Scunny track day crew and North Linc's Track Day Club.
www.stokesofkelsey.co.uk
blackyb

Re: Car buyers and road tax.

Postby blackyb » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi.

I was wondering how this new money making venture was going to affect the car industry.

Speaking to a couple of local dealers they say that trade has already slowed down compared to last year, and the cars they are selling are being picked up at the end of the month.

They (DVLC) say its going to save them money, more like make them some more!

Me a sceptic, well having worked in the public sector - cynical as well!

:shhh:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
sebastian

Postby sebastian » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm

When they changed the whole road tax system, I don't see what all the fuss was about. I've been paying online for a number of years.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:07 pm

I have been taxing and sorning our vehicles on line for years.

But to state the obvious, if you sell your car today, you loose all the remaining tax and only get the full months left in a refund.

I buy it from you, I have to tax it from the 1st of the month therefore the car is technically taxed twice for this month!

Money making just like the so called safety camera vans, there to make money and very little to do with genuine road safety issues.

My mates second hand garage used to sells cars every day of the month, he says customers now only want to pick them up on the last or first day of the month.

That's my gripe over for 2015!!!!

:obscene-buttsway:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
e.u.n.o.s
New

Postby e.u.n.o.s » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 am

I was wondering this too. If the garage is well out I the sticks with no signal etc. I will have to do it before I buy or check they have broadband. Just in case!
1997 MK1 MX5 Eunos Type II
Darlington UK
mattpc
New

Postby mattpc » Sun May 13, 2018 8:08 pm

it's much more complicated than when I was a lad! Even until a few years ago the tax could just transfer with the car.

Return to “General chat and banter”