What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Europe Road Trip

Anything goes in here.. within reason
Dewi
Regular

Europe Road Trip

Postby Dewi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:57 am

I posted these links on the Drivers forum but thought some of you guys who don't visit there may like to see them as well. I think I mentioned a while back that we were doing another Euro tour? Anyway, my website is now updated with the full story / pics and I've now started sorting out the videos. So far I've got two finished, one of the drive to the Stelvio Pass via the Munt la Schera Tunnel and another (longer one) of the drive over the Stelvio.

Website link: http://www.dewisant-photography.net/y_ogb_Europe_%202013_page1.htm

We had a few video cam problems on the trip, the Contour car cam is having exposure probs so the pics are a bit dark in places - and the Canon SLR I use for a handheld video cam has lost it's autofocus ability so most of the focusing is done manually and therefore not pin sharp I'm afraid - sorry about that! I'll need to be spending some cash on a bit new camera gear before our next trip :)

Munt la Schera Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5-peZ4fy50

Stelvio Pass video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTFbQpf9knQ

I'll post more vids up as I finish editing them

D :)
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Europe Road Trip

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:04 pm

I wondered where you had been :handgestures-thumbup:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Got back from Europe, Wayne and set more or less straight off for Scotland. Finally got home and settled in to find Wigan's closed because of bloody roadworks!! We can only get off our estate one way now so the road off is permanently chokka block. Everywhere we try to get to there's roads closed, just been for a run to Roby Mill but couldn't get there either - College Rd in Upholland is closed now -whats' going on?

D :)
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:16 pm

Not a problem here in the posh end with hanging baskets buddy :teasing-neener:
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:27 am

OI!! We've got hanging baskets, mate ...... We nicked 'em from up your end but we got 'em!

D
azzeer
Regular

Postby azzeer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:24 pm

awesome photos are you on cannon fodder forum ? , why cant we have nice roads like that over here :(
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:07 am

azzeer wrote:awesome photos are you on cannon fodder forum ? , why cant we have nice roads like that over here :(

No, Azzeer I don't do photo forums :) I was a pro snapper for a number of years so these days I take photos just for me, if other people like them all well and good - I don't need any forum nerd telling me how I should have done it! :lol: I do use Canon gear though, only cheapo stuff these days because I abuse my photo kit something awful - the 550D body I bought a few years ago is still going strong - I'm surprised it's still useable, it's been soaked several times and dropped - once down a small cliff in Iceland and it survived. It's all I use these days with 2 lenses, a 17-40 Canon L (beltin' lens) and a 70-300 USM. I use it as a video cam as well. There's also an old Canon compact for when I can't be bothered carrying the SLR. Here's a link to my other website if you're interested in snapping: http://www.dewisant-photography.net/

Roads in the UK? They're here you just gotta go find them - try the Western Highlands of Scotland sometimes, or the north Yorks Moors some of the best roads you'll find anywhere up there. But, yes Europe has some really good roads, there are better (more dangerous) ones on the vids I'm working at the moment so I'll post the links up when I've finished editing them.

D
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 am

Nice to see another ex-tog in the ranks. I'm the same these days, just take pictures that I want to take and that I'm happy with. I always find the new togs out to make a name for themselves are the ones who want to 'critique' everyone else's pictures in order to try and make themselves look better. There is one of those over on the OC at the moment - makes me smile, I remember when I was like that.

I got rid of most of my pro gear as well but held onto a 7D and my main lens is the 24-105 F4/L IS which I love. Need to get myself a new 'wide' lens tho.

What type of photography did you do? Mine was commercial - product shots mostly and occasionally some modelling.
Niall

1997 1.8i Roadster in Black
- Induction kit, Stainless Exhaust System, Lowered Springs
1998 1.8i S MX-5 in Silver
- Under restoration

Also into taking a few pictures - check out my website.
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi, Niall. I started off doing weddings and made a good living at it, but after about 8 years of interferring brides' mothers and dealing with generally obnoxious people and some equally obnoxious vicars and priests, I'd had enough and stopped taking bookings for weddings. By then I'd established a bit of a commercial client base and I shot a few freelance motorsport pictures (some of the early published stuff is on my website - link in post above above) for mags, didn't make a great deal of money out of that but it was great for getting press passes for the circuits. I also had a lot of stuff lodged wth various film libraries so got a little cheque in the post periodically. Even did dog portraits for a while :) - don't knock it, those people pay good money for decent doggy shots! I even taught a photography night shool class for a couple of terms while the regular guy was on sick leave,

I gave it all up eventually because I found I wasn't enjoying my photography anymore, took up making & restoring guitars for a living and started to do a lot travelling with a little Sony Compact 3.2 mega pixies thing. Re-discovered my interest for photography after a few years and took up taking landscapes and travel pics just for me. All the pro gear, Mamiya medium format, a few Canon T90 bodies plus god knows how may lenses I'd acquired over the years, all my darkroom equipment was sold off to pay the tax mans bill after I closed the business. Like I mentioned above, it's just the 550D now and the bare minmum of lenses. I'm due a new body soon so not sure whether to go for the 650D as it is now or have a complete change and get a Sony Nex, I like the idea of the small physical size and larger ASPC sensor. I love Canon stuff though - used it for years, best cameras out there bar none in my opinion (That'll upset a few nikon owners :) )

I need a 24 / 105 to fill the gap in between my two - where do you live and when are you out?? ..... Ooops! Sorry, that's the Scouser in me coming out :) How come you packed it all in?

D

P.S Just had look at your website - nice, very impressive. Is the GS1200 yours? I have a 2009 R21200R - in black of course! :)
Last edited by Dewi on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:20 pm

The GS was mine, had to jack biking in last summer due to problems with my back. That's when I went back to MX-5s (we first bought one about 15 years ago).

I jacked photography in for very similar reasons to you, it just stopped being fun so I decided it was time to get out. Fortunately I have a second skillset as a project manager so ensuring the bills got paid wasn't a problem. Agree on Canon cameras, aside from my iPhone which gets a lot of use these days I wouldn't own anything else - I hate to think how long I have been using them, going all the way back to 'proper' film shooting B&W and doing my own developing and printing. Good for you on sticking with weddings for so long - I did them for 3 years and that was more than enough!

Thanks for the kind comments on my website. Been looking through yours also, some very nice stuff on there. Not quite sure which part of 'Pielandshire' you are in (although you did make the Scouse reference) but hopefully if you are close we can meet up sometime and swap notes - should have plenty to talk about between the cars, bikes and cameras!
Niall

1997 1.8i Roadster in Black
- Induction kit, Stainless Exhaust System, Lowered Springs
1998 1.8i S MX-5 in Silver
- Under restoration

Also into taking a few pictures - check out my website.
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:52 pm

Sounds like a plan, Niall. I'm only in Wigan, not lived in Scouseland for about 35 years. I'm kind of toying with the idea of selling the 1200R, not entirely serious about that though! I had a few heath issues myself last year so it doesn't get used as much as it used to now - but I'm hoping that'll change. I just can't bring myself to part with it though.

That was a nice looking GS you had, I always fancied one but I'm only a shortarse so couldn't even reach the floor on one. The 1200 R is the factory lowered version, best bike I've ever owned and there have been many, I've got the Akropovic end can on it so it sounds gorgeous - baffles out of course. It's just a shame that they have so many reliability issues, the fuel gauge has just packed up on mine - very common problem for which BMW will relieve you of around 300 notes to repair. I'll leave it 'til winter and fix it myself I think, it can't be that difficult. A new fuel strip costs about ÂŁ120 just buy from the dealer though.

D
azzeer
Regular

Postby azzeer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Dewi wrote:
azzeer wrote:awesome photos are you on cannon fodder forum ? , why cant we have nice roads like that over here :(

No, Azzeer I don't do photo forums :) I was a pro snapper for a number of years so these days I take photos just for me, if other people like them all well and good - I don't need any forum nerd telling me how I should have done it! :lol: I do use Canon gear though, only cheapo stuff these days because I abuse my photo kit something awful - the 550D body I bought a few years ago is still going strong - I'm surprised it's still useable, it's been soaked several times and dropped - once down a small cliff in Iceland and it survived. It's all I use these days with 2 lenses, a 17-40 Canon L (beltin' lens) and a 70-300 USM. I use it as a video cam as well. There's also an old Canon compact for when I can't be bothered carrying the SLR. Here's a link to my other website if you're interested in snapping: http://www.dewisant-photography.net/

Roads in the UK? They're here you just gotta go find them - try the Western Highlands of Scotland sometimes, or the north Yorks Moors some of the best roads you'll find anywhere up there. But, yes Europe has some really good roads, there are better (more dangerous) ones on the vids I'm working at the moment so I'll post the links up when I've finished editing them.

D

I have only just got into the tog life ,my photos are on here https://www.facebook.com/BertiesPhotographyAmh

and thank you for the heads up i will go in search :)
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:12 am

Some decent photos you got there Azzeer, I'm off to Scotland for a few days tomorrow - back Thurs, I'll give you a few little pointers when I get back if you like, just to make you shots "pop" a bit more?

D
Dewi
Regular

Postby Dewi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 am

flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:00 pm

:text-goodpost:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6