What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

KG Works clusters

Tell us what you have done or want to do, or any problems you have hit that we can help you with
DavesBRG5

Re: KG Works clusters

Postby DavesBRG5 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:50 pm

Tangoman wrote:
Hamish wrote:Black, brushed steel, wood for something different.... In fact any finish anyone wants. :)

Definitely interested! :text-goodpost:

No orange ones though Lance :wink:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Tangoman
Serial Poster

Postby Tangoman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:57 pm

DavesBRG5 wrote:
Tangoman wrote:
Hamish wrote:Black, brushed steel, wood for something different.... In fact any finish anyone wants. :)

Definitely interested! :text-goodpost:

No orange ones though Lance :wink:

Don't want orange! :wink:
Image Image

1991 Asbo orange 1.6 Eunos Roadster T-Spec
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Hammy - not sure if I would go for the whole cluster as it's a bit too retro for what I have in mind for the Mk2. However, I really like the dials. Would you be open to making up some custom dial fronts as a separate item? I would also be interested to see an alternative colour scheme with yellow as the main colour rather than red as yellow is the highlight colour for my interior.
Niall

1997 1.8i Roadster in Black
- Induction kit, Stainless Exhaust System, Lowered Springs
1998 1.8i S MX-5 in Silver
- Under restoration

Also into taking a few pictures - check out my website.
Pantera

Postby Pantera » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Very Nice work, I'm definitely up for one (brushed steel if possible) as I will be powdercoating it.
You can blame/thank Dave BRG for pointing me in your direction.
PM me payment details, I don't mind paying now and waiting until they are rolling off the production line.

Thanks
Matt
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Pantera wrote:Very Nice work, I'm definitely up for one (brushed steel if possible) as I will be powdercoating it.
You can blame/thank Dave BRG for pointing me in your direction.
PM me payment details, I don't mind paying now and waiting until they are rolling off the production line.

Thanks
Matt

About time you found your way here! Get some pics of the black beast posted for all to see.
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Tangoman
Serial Poster

Postby Tangoman » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:36 pm

Yup I too would like a brushed steel one if possible! :bow-yellow:
Image Image

1991 Asbo orange 1.6 Eunos Roadster T-Spec
nobow
Serial Poster

Postby nobow » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:58 pm

Nice work there, any plans for a white dial set? and for the eunos auto cluster in brushed steel.
Hamish
Serial Poster

Postby Hamish » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:39 pm

After and afternoon doing gardening front and back, my back was killing me. So sat at the hamster bench and did stuff.

I have been looking for ages for the right cup washers for the led lights on the panels I am making.... never found the right ones. However, today I found the perfect ones. The holes for the lights were 1mm too small, but the outside diameter was perfect and the right amount of ridge. So I individually filed the holes to be a perfect fit. Problem was they were brassed washers.. no problem, I can make them chrome... however, when I tested them I thought... hmmm, I kinda like them brassed effect... more retro, so I went back to the shop and bought every packet they had...so have plenty now to make about 150 clusters...some with brassed effect and some chromed.

SO I tested them on a new black black cluster:

Like them as brassed.

So now I decided to make a test brushed aluminium cluster.... again with the brassed washers... I think they look even better on the brushed steel/aluminium. Different and entirely my own concept. SO now I am going to have a hot bath and sit quietly and practice the lettering..

Regards, Hammy.
1990 Eunos 1.6 Classic Red, soon to be a different colour
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:44 pm

:bow-yellow:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
Hamish
Serial Poster

Postby Hamish » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:22 pm

... has wet my appetite now for a slightly different direction with my interior :)

Just had to check... with it in place.

Regards, Hammy.
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Hmmm....these are growing on me. When you say 'practise lettering' is that for putting labels on for the LEDs?
Niall

- Under restoration

nobow
Serial Poster

Postby nobow » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm

That is some nice workmanship
Hamish
Serial Poster

Postby Hamish » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:14 pm

Niall - yes Sir :)

Nobow - thanks mate :)
Regards, Hammy.
paggers
Serial Poster

Postby paggers » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Hamish wrote:Niall - yes Sir :)

Damn - this is rapidly approaching the 'got to have' stage. Those brushed ones look amazing.
Niall

- Under restoration

Hamish
Serial Poster

Postby Hamish » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:54 pm

Thanks Niall. I am not a fast worker, which is mainly due to lack of time, but I would like to hope it is a case of quality rather than quantity. I would rather produce something that is able to stand up to scrutiny :)

Should be able to start making the smaller rings next week so the look will be finished.

Having now, quite accidentally, seen how the brass effect works...as a friend said to me it's steampunked I am going to try one with brass rings on the dials - just for something different and I like different. My own car is now going to take this retro type direction as this was the missing link I couldn't put my finger on but I will make some steampunk clusters for sale.

For steampunk: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steampunk

I love the concept :)
Regards, Hammy.

Return to “Your mods”