What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Plastidip

Tell us what you have done or want to do, or any problems you have hit that we can help you with
Hamish
Serial Poster

Re: Plastidip

Postby Hamish » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:36 am

Looks nice.... I too like plastidip. I did the cowl and the soft top catches with it. Very forgiving and very durable.

I am also going to do the black window strips after I have cleaned them down: will be ideal to tidy these bits up...
Regards, Hammy.
1990 Eunos 1.6 Classic Red, soon to be a different colour
BenF
Epic Poster

Postby BenF » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Watching with interest! It's a matte soft-touch finish, right? Please update on how durable it is if you can :)
It is rubber over metal, and is a very thin rubber coat, it only turns matte over the years as it dries out and starts to break down, but they are a dear item to replace.
M-m
rooflessdriver
Just Run In

Postby rooflessdriver » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:11 pm

I tried plastidip out a few months ago on my OZ wheels.
Trying to decide what colour to get them refurbed and thought this would be a cheap why to see different styles.

Only colour available was green, so as I have a dark green hood, thought it might work.

Umm, NO!

Fortunately I didn't do too many coats so it started to lift off easily, ( on the M25 going to a meet!)
steffydog
Serial Poster

Postby steffydog » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:12 pm

You need about 5 coats for it to peel nicely and get a good coverage iirc.

Green looks nice.
MX-5 1.8 S-VT Sport 1.8 2002/02 Finished in Starlight Silver with matching hardtop

I'm learning.........Slowly!
rooflessdriver
Just Run In

Postby rooflessdriver » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Problem was I have red calipers and someone said it looked like a Christmas tree!
I did 3 coats on each and was reasonable thickness but I think your right with 5.
al_p

Postby al_p » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:00 am

those wheels gun metal grey or flourescent orange :P
I remember the days when ‘Blue Ray’ was an elderly gentleman who drowned in our local swimming pool.
steffydog
Serial Poster

Postby steffydog » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:00 am

Ah, caliper clash, didnt see that on the phone.

In the US they have an Anthracite colour, it's not here yet, I think I'll spray mine with that when it arrives, might use 1 can per wheel, inside and out.
MX-5 1.8 S-VT Sport 1.8 2002/02 Finished in Starlight Silver with matching hardtop

I'm learning.........Slowly!

Return to “Your mods”