What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Trimming centre console & radio bezel

Tell us what you have done or want to do, or any problems you have hit that we can help you with
Masaq
New

Trimming centre console & radio bezel

Postby Masaq » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:07 pm

I've picked up a set of leather trim from Redline Goods in the states for covering the centre console and the radio bezel. I'm aware that doing the instrument cluster is a right bitch of a job (that's on the list to-do). Just wondering if anyone's either done something similar themselves or knows someone who has, and has tips/advice for the job?
Skuzzle
Serial Poster

Re: Trimming centre console & radio bezel

Postby Skuzzle » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 am

if its a set it should be easy. just pop it on with some contact adhesive.

If its just some raw cow ar*e and you have to cut a sew then... its a pig of a job, but not impossible.

I wouldnt want to do it again though.
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Postby The Captain » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:03 pm

Masaq wrote:I've picked up a set of leather trim from Redline Goods in the states for covering the centre console and the radio bezel. I'm aware that doing the instrument cluster is a right bitch of a job (that's on the list to-do). Just wondering if anyone's either done something similar themselves or knows someone who has, and has tips/advice for the job?
If you are talking about doing the instrument cowl you can buy the leather cover on ebay. Take your time fitting it and you will get a good finish. Here is mine
Hamish
Serial Poster

Postby Hamish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:56 pm

I did my own in black leather, but it is a Mk3 and pretty easy to do...did one for a friend also. I don't mind having a go at a Mk1..

Regards, Hammy.
1990 Eunos 1.6 Classic Red, soon to be a different colour
Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:19 am

Those cowls look great!
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Fully blinged up (thanks M-m)
Lowered into the weeds hung on Gaz Gold Pro's.
Tangoman
Serial Poster

Postby Tangoman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm tempted to do this myself! Those topline ones don't look half bad, I have had their gearlever/handbrake gaiters in the past.
Image Image

1991 Asbo orange 1.6 Eunos Roadster T-Spec
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Captains look the dogs in the flesh. I tell ya. Not seen Hamish's in the flesh but knowing him, he does like a good fettle :wink:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Tangoman wrote:I'm tempted to do this myself! Those topline ones don't look half bad, I have had their gearlever/handbrake gaiters in the past.

Well worth the £40 Top Gaiters charge for the leather cowel cover. No more glare on the windscreen :-)

Not sure how it would look in orange though Lance :lol: Mind you i`m sure they would do orange stitching if you wanted.
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Tangoman
Serial Poster

Postby Tangoman » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm

DavesBRG5 wrote:
Tangoman wrote:I'm tempted to do this myself! Those topline ones don't look half bad, I have had their gearlever/handbrake gaiters in the past.

Well worth the £40 Top Gaiters charge for the leather cowel cover. No more glare on the windscreen :-)

Not sure how it would look in orange though Lance :lol: Mind you i`m sure they would do orange stitching if you wanted.

If I were to go with one, it would be in black leather, the bottom of my door cards are black and I think it would look better that way!
Image Image

1991 Asbo orange 1.6 Eunos Roadster T-Spec

Return to “Your mods”