What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

FAQ's, Guides and How To's

What we are hoping to achieve from this web site and forum,for ourselves and for you.
Skuzzle
Serial Poster

FAQ's, Guides and How To's

Postby Skuzzle » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Right then peoples,
Our biggest aim over here is to provide more useful information than any other MX5 resource on the interweb.

We can only do so much, so we are hoping our members will get stuck in and help us. This is a free website. All FAQ etc held here will remain free and publicly accessible for everyone, registered or guests.

What we need is guides, with photos for doing small jobs, big jobs, mods, upgrades, repairs.
Guides on how to get sideways, j-turns, burnouts.
Tips on wheel choice, tyres.
How do you open the fuel filler cap for idiots, and how to open it when the cables snapped (for the clever bunch)

I think you get the idea.

Put anything at all like this on the forum. You will be helping the community and when you need help, hopefully someone else will have already got there and written the guide.

The ADMIN team will do the dirty work of taking your guide, running it past the professionals (i.e. them who specialize in which ever area of MX5 life the article relates to), tidying it up and fixing grammar, images, spelling etc and then we will publish it in the FAQ's How To's.

We will also write our own articles as and when we have time around controlling you unruly crowd :)

If we all get hands on, this site will be the one place that you can guarantee to find the info you need where the info and advice is honest and correct, all Idiots will be removed, politics left behind and friendships created.

Good luck
Nick
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: FAQ's, Guides and How To's

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Nail on the head Nick ;)
Could not have put it better myself mucka.
This is for you lot to know how to do it right ,safe and to all your budgets, what ever that maybe, I am hoping that this will save you all shed loads during your ownership of this great little roadster :D, we have some great hands on mx/roadster lovers with the passion to share their know hows that work on these little gems for a living, But only you lot can make this work for everyone, we can drive put you need to give us direction.
But most of all, it does need to be*** FUN***. ;)
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:34 am

In the states they have miata.net. That's a great resource of invaluable knowledge and a place all of North America (and beyond!) go for advice on all things miata. My vision is for this site to be a similar resource for UK (and beyond ;)).

Speaking of which, miata.net garage is full of great advice which applies as much to MX5s & Eunos Roadsters as it does to Miatas so I'll post a link to it here.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
Masaq
New

Postby Masaq » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:28 pm

I wrote up a guide for Nutz on how to replace sealed beam units with modern lenses and H4 bulbs. Didn't take pictures but I'm happy to either mock some up myself or for someone else to provide suitable snaps.

It could do with an additional in-depth bit on adjusting for beam pattern as I'm not entirely convinced my method made for a perfect alignment, but for the actual replacement process it's pretty foolproof.

Gimme a shout if you want it, or just lift it direct from the How To: section on Nutz with my blessing.

Al
Skuzzle
Serial Poster

Postby Skuzzle » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:45 pm

that'd be awesome if you could send it over with some photos :)
If you dont have pics, i'll grab some next time we do a bulb or something.
either pm to me on here, post it on here or email it over :)

cheers
Masaq
New

Postby Masaq » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:46 pm

Email sent. No pics to hand I'm afraid (forgot to take any when I did the job myself).

edit: your email address is bouncing, Nick.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:40 am

I'll P.M you mine
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Skuzzle
Serial Poster

Postby Skuzzle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 am

ah.. i forgot to do the guide on changing a starter motor.. probably a good thing as i had to drill holes in the block to box gasket.. nothings straight forward on my motor, doh!

Oh, but i found a way to cut the weight of the alternator bracket in half :)
Skuzzle
Serial Poster

Postby Skuzzle » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:24 pm

Masaq wrote:Email sent. No pics to hand I'm afraid (forgot to take any when I did the job myself).

edit: your email address is bouncing, Nick.

Just added your headlight changing guide to the faqs.. good effort sir.
Some pics would be nice in the future and i'll tidy it up when i get half a chance, but it looks spot on.

Return to “Our aim and goals....”