What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Upside Down Photos

Having problems with the forum, put it in here.
agent_orange
Epic Poster

Upside Down Photos

Postby agent_orange » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:04 pm

We have noticed that some pictures being attached to posts are appearing upside down. I haven't found a solution to prevent this happening, however I have a retro fix.

So if your pictures are appearing upside down, or you see one in another thread, please PM me with a link so I can "repair".

:text-thankyouyellow:
2003 Mk 2.5 Euphonic Velocity Red Sadly died of rust cancer
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
Badknee
Serial Poster

Re: Upside Down Photos

Postby Badknee » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:06 pm

You mean like this?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (225.42 KiB) Viewed 16752 times
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Fully blinged up (thanks M-m)
Lowered into the weeds hung on Gaz Gold Pro's.
agent_orange
Epic Poster

Postby agent_orange » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:25 pm

Badknee wrote:You mean like this?

Yep :)

Wont fix that one so everyone can see what we mean.
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:43 pm

Bloody good seat belt mind :coffee:
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Impressive tyre grip too!
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
agent_orange
Epic Poster

Postby agent_orange » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:49 pm

Lazza wrote:Impressive tyre grip too!

Spider grade tyre grip? :p
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:41 am

It's very odd that it's iPads and phones that turn them over, I have taken a screen shot of my post just to prove the picture is fine on my pad.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (178.33 KiB) Viewed 16732 times
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 am

Well i am not rushing out anytime soon to get something with an I in front of it to sort this problem out, it is down to how ever they are adding the info to either this board? or throw the internet? we just need to keep an eye on it becouse if how tos are added with all the pics upside down it becomes a waste of time for everyone to use and follow, i can not issue a warning that it must be only be viewed with a I whats it, so rush out and get one,can i.
M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
stevehh
Regular

Postby stevehh » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

Badknee wrote:It's very odd that it's iPads and phones that turn them over, I have taken a screen shot of my post just to prove the picture is fine on my pad.

Have I missed something? What part of the problem is specific to Ipads? Is it only pictures taken on Ipad/Iphone devices that are being rotated?

Steve
2004 Mx5 Sport
Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:27 am

stevehh wrote:
Badknee wrote:It's very odd that it's iPads and phones that turn them over, I have taken a screen shot of my post just to prove the picture is fine on my pad.

Have I missed something? What part of the problem is specific to Ipads? Is it only pictures taken on Ipad/Iphone devices that are being rotated?

Steve

It seems so Steve, the text is fine just the pictures. I did a " how to" and all the pics were upside down when viewed on a PC or laptop but fine on a pad or phone? I use my pad because it's got a decent camera and saves downloading them from a camera to my laptop. As you can see from the screen shot everything is fine at my end so I don't know what's going on but it's only happening on Menders.
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:54 am

Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
stevehh
Regular

Postby stevehh » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:03 am

This issue is being experienced on other websites.
The issue is caused by the picture being taken 'upside down' on a Iphone/Ipad, and possibly Android device. The picture contains orientation data inside the file. When looked at on an Iphone, the phone reads the orientation data, and as the phone is aware which way up you are holding the phone, rotates the image so you see it correctly. Turn your phone through 180 degrees, the image will always appear the 'right side up'. A PC, or a webpage on my Android device, does not read the orientation data, and shows the picture as it was taken, 'upside down'.

So there are three possible solutions:-

1. Ensure the iphone is used in the 'correct' manner.
2. Editing the image on a PC will remove the orientation data, so an edited image will display correctly.
3. Edit the program in the mazdamender server to read the orientation data, and rotate the image.

1. Maybe impossible, but it's not a camara so there is no obvious 'right way up'
2. Tedious, but possible, either by the poster, or later by a moderator.
3. Possible, if we have the access to the server, and the skill level to implement, probably easier to wait until a later version of the server software incorporates the feature.

So unless someone has the skills, I'd suggest we go with option 2, and ensure a couple of moderators can 'fix' images with the orientation problem.

Steve
2004 Mx5 Sport
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:28 am

Bloody I crap.
M-m

Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Ok, just taken a quick photo of Roy with my iPad upside down which makes it easier as it moves the lens to top left instead of bottom right away from the shutter button. Ipaders will understand.

See if this works.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.49 KiB) Viewed 16703 times
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Badknee
Serial Poster

Postby Badknee » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:41 pm

Well it's ok with me.
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver

Return to “Complaints Department (Site Problems)”