What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Installing replacement gauges using triple hole gauge panel

Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Installing replacement gauges using triple hole gauge pa

Postby Mazda Mender » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:12 pm

the sensor will screw right down , now that sandwich with the adaptor is going to be tight down there.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:15 pm

Hello Wayne,

Do you mean tight as in clearance? If so what type of adapter do you use or have seen used for similar installations? I did research the type of adapter that will fit a Eunos roadster and was assured that this would do the job. I won't know 100 per cent until I do my next oil change. The sensor is the one provided with the new gauge. I have to admit that I thought it was massive when I first clapped eyes on it.

Chadz :confusion-shrug:
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:52 pm

100_2946.jpg
100_2946.jpg (166.02 KiB) Viewed 6178 times
Just a follow on from my previous regarding the hose adapter and the difficulty in screwing the sensor right down. As you can see from the photo I had to fit two washers to make up the distance I could not get rid of by screwing the sensor into the adapter. At first I thought it was due to the paint having blocked the threads in the adapter but I lubricated and cleaned the threads and used the sensor almost like a tap to cut the thread and clean it out. With the adapter in the vice I did not feel happy when the sensor just wouldn't go right down so I opted for an additional washer that I have trimmed to suit. This means that the sensor head will not protrude into the water flow as far but I am hoping this will not affect the accuracy of the signal from the sensor.
It's ready for installation now. More pics to follow.

Chadz :handgestures-thumbup:
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:42 pm

100_2951.jpg
100_2951.jpg (194.92 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
100_2950.jpg
100_2950.jpg (227.35 KiB) Viewed 6169 times
The adapter is installed (see pic). Slight problem with making it leak tight. You can see in the photo previously posted that their are flanges either end of the adapter. these are 32mm diameter and are a sliding fit into the top radiator hose. The diameter of the rest of the pipe on the adapter is approx 28mm and although the jubilee clip is a snug fit it has to be tightened way to much to take up this 4mm before it does anything. That's a long way. Consequently I have a very small but very annoying leak that does not want to stop even though I have tightened the clip beyond what I think is reasonable. The adjuster on the clip is a 7mm hex headed screw with slots for either flat or phillips screwdrivers. No way would you ever get it tight enough with a screwdriver and the small 7mm ring spanner does not have the mechanical advantage required. I will have to get hold of a 7mm socket and use my ratchet. I am not sure how much this clip will take and fear that it will pop if taken too far. This is not good.
My other option would be to place the clip over the flanged part of the adapter so that it bites straight away but this is quite narrow. Any ideas would be gratefully accepted. It would appear that this flange idea is quite common on these adapters and I would suggest that this is useless and that the whole pipe section should be 32mm. :angry-screaming:
The purple wire is the earth from the adapter, purple is the new black. :lol:
Chadz
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Never had a problem? viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4029&start=10
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Leak seems to have stopped now. :dance: :-D Next job is to fit the oil sandwich plate then run the sensor wires into the cab. Made a slit in the rubber grommet adjacent to the fuse box for the sensor wires to push through.

Chadz :banana-wrench:
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Famous last words. Bought a 24mm deep socket to fit the adapter which is itself 24mm flat to flat and it does not fit. It is going to be mighty tight as advised before by Wayne and if anybody has any tips for putting the sandwich plate in place I would be very appreciative. So many things in the way even when doing a simple filter change. The adapter is an M20x1.5 thread with a six point hexagon head 24mm. :confusion-helpsos:

Chadz :sad-roulette:
chadz
Regular

Postby chadz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Solution: 1" AF half inch drive socket equates to 25.4mm. Gotcha.

Chadz :greetings-clappingyellow:

Return to “MK2”