What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

New car checklist

SaahilD
New

New car checklist

Postby SaahilD » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:58 am

Hey guys,

Just wondering if people wouldn’t mind recommending things to get looked at or changed on my new car.

It’s a 1991/2 mk1 Eunos vspec and it’s been well looked after by a potential enthusiast I suspect was probably on one of the owners clubs.

It’s also almost entirely and completely stock (but won’t be staying that way long).

I know it’s recenrly (last week) been undersealed as part of the purchase deal. It’s also on 123k km so approx 80k miles.

My intention is to do the following in short order:
1) oil and oil/air filter change
2) spark plugs (are ht leads worth doing)

Is there anything else worth doing immediately on a car of this age before I start with the mods?

The plan from there is that as I need things doing I’ll look to upgrade rather than replace as I go.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: New car checklist

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:53 pm

When you say "well looked after" whats the history...?
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
SaahilD
New

Re: New car checklist

Postby SaahilD » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:17 am

Now that the car's been delivered I can talk a bit more about history etc.

Originally I thought it had a lot more history than it actually came with, but I've seen a couple invoices from Autolink and it's been with the last owner for donkey's years.

Judging by the polished cam cover, HT leads, and the cleanness of the exterior I'd say it's been at least enthusiastically looked after, if not well. I want to check if I can trace down the owner and see if he's on an owners club.

I'm going to assume the cambelt hasn't been done because it's just got to that mileage now so that's near the top of the list now.

Sills are really clean, engine starts and pulls strong and revs very freely. Brakes stop the car presently. Gearbox is a teeny bit clunky but could just be the boots, I haven't looked yet.

Return to “MK1 -1989 > 1997 (NA)”