What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

My 91 us special BRG rolling resto

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: My 91 us special BRG rolling resto

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:29 am

The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:47 pm

ImageImageImage

Did the heat shield today, cut to fit over the 4-2-1 manifold.
And a test to see what the intake manifold Would look like.
Any experience on durability for this kind of paint?
I know it doesent need to be heat resistant on intake manifold and rocker cover, but i Would like a oem look on it all.
Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:51 pm

Finished heatshield

ImageImage
New grill :-)

Old school Mazda logo

Matching gaiter :-)
Only Small and fun jobs today
Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:56 pm

ImageImageImage

Finished the insulation of the exhaust manifold. wrapped in fiber, then a heat blanket and finally the original heat shield. This hopefully will keep temperature down when I fit a new intake filter.

Changed the badly painted brake light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:40 am

Headlight fixed, corroded wires led to a short in the H4 plug. It was getting pretty hot :-(ImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:59 pm

:text-goodpost:
M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:16 am

New running shoes :-)
Toyo proxes tr1

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:01 pm

no updates for a while, but i have been tinkering :-)
I was going to fit my toyos to the alloys that came with the car. But found them a bit rough around the edges, quite heavy and also the wannabe chrome look wasnt really me.
Did some research to find a period wheel that i like, this is what i ended up with.
, ImageImageImageImage

They are speedlines and i like the Nardi Torino badging, suits the gearlever and handbrake well.
The ET is 28 so they sit a bit further out, but no scraping or bad noises..

One of the rims was a bit oval but i had a 2 hour roundtrip yesterday, to see the wheel doctor :-)
Everything is now straight an tight.
Cleaned the brakes from cuppergrease and Applied the proper stuff this time.

Sent from the cold north .....
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:33 am

I like them, like you say fits in with the theme, glad to hear you sorted the brakes .
M-m

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Thu May 12, 2016 8:27 pm

ImageImage
Here we go again, sparkplugs checked, and new ordered. NGK standard is my choice.
Got the set plates mended back in shape :-)

Still waiting for parts, i got a little OCD in the engine room. Brackets and screws dismantled, wirebrushed and painted with pixie- dust :-)
Overflow and sprinkler bottles cleaned good, an finally the air flow sensor Got some T.l.C.
ImageImageImage

Next job is painting the valve cover and intake manifold, Then i think the engine is worthy of a mazda mended sticker :-)

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Sun May 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Ups and downs.
Last thursday i was on a 500 mile roundtrip. Visited the Danish mx5 guru in Fyn, and then a quick Visit in Germany. Had to do some Autobahn-testing, and Pick up a windscreen. The german trip was fun :-)
Car ran fine and fast,until the spark plug wires started popping out of the engine.
The downside was the result, of the very detailled inspection of the car.
It has a lot more rust than I anticipated :-(
Sills are gone, in and out. Front fenders has been badly repaired in the past, and needs replacing. The car has been rearended at some point, and not mended properly. So it needs complete rear fenders, a new door, inner arches and a lot more.
Total bill is going to be 3500-4000 £ plus paint.......
I know a lot of you might think, get another car. But a fully sorted mk.1 is around 10.000 £ over here. We are "blessed" with a 180% tax on cars and 25% Vat.
Imports are not cheaper, and a new ND is between 33.000- 41.000 pound.

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Sun May 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Got a mail from the American 91' BRG register, it is confirmed that it is a genuine special edition. Number 2082 out of 4000. Now if only i could get one of the original plaqettes that came with car ...

Good news about the engine, the guru that is going to do the rust work on the car knew the PO. And it has been recently overhauled incl. Head gasket. So i decided to give it some TLC.
Soaked the cylinders overnight in engine cleaner, flushed the coolant again, twice with a fancy radiator cleaner. Still brown when flushing, so filled the radiator to the brim with White vinegar run for 20 minutes and now it is clean :-)
( flushed 3 times with clean water and let run up to temperature)
Took valve cover of, painted and reinstalled with original Mazda gaskets, NGK sparkplugs and a 110 £ set of OEM spark plug wires.
Finished with a new slave cylinder, not a nice job on a moist lawn :-)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
The redneck garage :-)
A tired slave cylinder
Fancy pantsy break fluid

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Time for a new exhaust, i have chosen the Cobalt dual exit. I was way out of my comfort zone, standing there looking at my poor car, jigsaw in hand..
I measured countless times and then cut the bumper.
I am satisfied with the result, instructions and templates were spot on.
Quality seems good and it has added a bit more Roar to the car.

Only driven 100 miles so far, and they are black and sooty already

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:35 am

Visited the MOT man, for a pre check. Apart from the rust and cracked windscreen it was a positive experience. She passed the emissions test even though she is running rich and burning a lot of oil.
However the new exhaust is to loud for a pass. I am looking for a permanent fix, she has become my daily driver for the summer and I would like to dampen the noise a bit. Has anyone tried this?

Brgdane
Regular

Postby Brgdane » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 am

ImageImageImageImage

Fixed the leaking power steering, deleted the cooler and replaced the tired old hoses :-)

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”