What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

A place for members to show off their pride and joy. Also room to document your projects.
hoodedreeper
Regular

Re: Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:00 pm

Fitted a front Stainless Tow Hook from Jass Performance along with their new Interior Mirror and retro style oil cap. I also fixed the broken side light on one of the TSIs.

While the bumper was off i refitted my HIDs as the current bulbs are pretty useless

With the car breaking down back in September i was starting to have enough of it,this meant it didn't get cleaned for 4 months! :( The other half kindly cleaned it for me,as it always seemed to rain when ever i had a day off :/

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:15 pm

Made alot of progress with the spare engine recently

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:43 pm

It was that time of year where my local car club organise a charity meet raising money for Big C Cancer and to remember our good friend Mark. Weather held out and we filled the car park again,raising ÂŁ1161 on the night

The other half has been wanting to do a group photoshoot of our cars,luckily the cars stayed clean and the weather was dry

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:53 pm

The past month its been abit of an Import theme

Initial D Vol 1 book

Hyper REVs the first 4 issues for the NA/NB MX5

(Another) Dcuatro Light Cover

And my latest purchase,this will be kept a secret for alittle while until i sort some other stuff out

The past 4 and bit weeks the car has been back at the bodyshop having repairs done

Mazdaspeed bumper repaired and repainted
Front wide arches/flares removed
New wide arches/flares painted and fitted
Wings/fenders painted
Driver side rear wide arch/flare repaired
Bonnet hinge replaced

I'm also re-living my child hood abit and been purchasing alot of old gaming consoles and games. Collection is growing nicely (and pretty fast). I move out late summer,gotta get the spare room well equipped :P
storm
Site Admin

Postby storm » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Having major engine envy seeing your spare one,.... :pray:

What are the internals?
1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young!
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

Stock internals :)
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Fri May 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Abit of an update
​
Went to the Spring Performance Action Day at Castle Combe

Went to Japfest at Silverstone a couple of weekends ago

Last year i was approached by a big UK Car Magazine. We've had to cancel the photoshoot 3 times due to the car keep breaking. All was looking good,so had the car valeted by a friend ready for the photoshoot. The weather was certainly on our side and i'm eagerly waiting for the issue to be published.

I've had one of Aran's M45 inlets it sitting in the garage for about a year,it was time to finally fit it. While the supercharger was off i did an oil change and fitted a new belt and tensioners.

Also while the supercharger was off i replaced the L shaped hose inbetween the Waterpump inlet and metal joiner (which goes to the lower radiator hose) as i'm pretty certain thats the cause of my coolant leak.

You may remember in my previous post (if not,scroll up ^) that i received a package from Japan. That was a brand new RX7 FD3S 99spec front splitter! I've seen one other car with it fitted on a Mazdaspeed bumper and i fell in love. It was a gamble as i didnt know what the fitment would be like.

With the original lip discontinued from Mazda,i had to improvise. Its far from perfect,its not the correct shape but i think i did a good job with getting it on.

As you can see,i didn't fix the coolant leak :( I need the front crank seal,timing belt and waterpump changing so fingers crossed its waterpump related.
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun May 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Y'know when you get an idea in your head,and you can't tell if its going to be a good or bad idea...well...that may have happened.

Every year it seems i do something drastic with the car and its always a risk. I've had an idea about having a livery designed and fitted to the car for almost a year now. I contacted Tom at Infamous Creations (he's done some awesome drift car designs for drivers across the globe) as i knew he'd be the guy to speak to.

A few months went by with ideas being thrown back and forth. I've always loved the HKS livery and knew that would be the one for MX5. So Tom drew out the pattern as a base and we built it from there. The design ended up looking like this:

I wasn't too keen on my photography logo being as big as that,but that could be changed later on. I emailed a local graphics company (Unique Signs) with the render back in June 2016. We got the design sorted,the guys took lots of measurements and the graphics were fitted this week. I collected the car on Thursday (25th May) ready for the Modified Nationals show the following day.

After getting back from the show today (Sunday 28th May) i stopped off at a previous location i took for photos not long after i bought it

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Mon May 29, 2017 8:52 pm

A couple more photos of when i got the car back

My Car Club's new window sticker

And a couple i took from the show

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Jass Performance have been developing their flush headlights for awhile now. Yesterday i received the first set off the production line and fitted them to the Monster.

Fitment still needs tweaking on the corners. Please bare in mind my bonnet and bumper are FRP and the bumper is sagging abit,so fitment isnt as spot on to a stock car. Also my Intercooler pipe is sitting higher for some reason (another job to do)

Assembly was simple,took longer to align them in all honesty. The expansion bottle has to be moved back approx 5cm,all hardware and brackets are included.

The beam pattern is fine and hasn't been effected. I've experienced zero drag or air turbulance from them. I cant see it being any different to when pop ups are up.

Vlad should have them up on the website with a write up over the week/next week

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:34 pm

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:33 pm

I've been busy....

Jass Performance Stainless NB Heater Controls Cover

Garage Star / Circuit Sport Expansion Tank (looks tiny compared to the OEM tank)

Did a quick photoshoot at night,pretty pleased with the outcome

My DIY airbox is now finished. Made the sides from Aluminium and the insulation is from eBay. The silver ducting i got from work,which will be replaced with something more rigid (that doesnt split so easy)

Last night's purchase was a set of AWD Dials. Its been one of those rare parts i've dreamt of owning but these never come up for sale. I'm swapping my current dials for these plus there was some cash on top. Worked out quite alot but oh well,you only live once

Currently waiting for a Rev9 order to be shipped,more on that once it arrives :)
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:56 pm

My Rev9 order had finally arrived after being stuck in customs for almost a week :/ The import duty was the most expensive i've had to pay ever...but its worth it

Garage Vary Rain Guard
Watanabe Centre Caps
Nielex Chrome Handbrake Cover
M2-1028 Replica Mirrors

The Quality and fitment of the Mirrors are excellent. They're smaller than i had hoped as i know photos can be deceiving. Only driven the car a couple of miles late at night so can't comment too much on visibility.

The Nielex Handbrake cover was a good decision to get. Again,fitment and quality is top notch as with all Rev9 products. Sadly it didn't come with the sticker so i'll have to get one made.

The Watanabes on the Silver daily have been crying out for centre caps ever since i bought them. Its amazing how much of a difference they make. Not much to say on these,except Watanabe \oo/

It certainly was an expensive couple of weeks since payday. I got linked a for sale thread for some RS Refine Gauge Rings. No way could i be this lucky and get AWD dials and these gauge rings within a week of each other? Luckily the seller was in the UK which saved on some (more) import duty,very speedy delivery too!

Cleaned up the old sealant around the edge and gave them a polish up. Fitted the whole cluster in the car,and WOW!

I'll get round to fitting the Garage Vary rain guard soon,i don't think thats going to be a quick job.

I'm off on a driving holiday in over a week's time,i'm taking the Purple MX5 so expect lots and lots of scenic photos when i get back :D
hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:16 pm

Haven't visited the local graffiti walls for awhile,so grabbed a few quick snaps. This was before the recent order from Rev9

hoodedreeper
Regular

Postby hoodedreeper » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:13 pm

Me and the other half took a driving holiday to Wales last week. I've tried to condense the photos down,there was quite alot to choose from :P

Started off by visiting the Evo Triangle

Travelled south west and stopped off at the Mach Loop Cad West to watch some RAF training. We had a couple of fighter jets come over as we got out of the car. We climbed about half way but sadly only saw 2 other air craft. I have zero knowledge on aircraft so couldn't tell you the names sorry

Getting lost was the best part

We were staying with some family south of Merthyr Tydfil,so majority of our visits were in the south region

Went to the Henrhyd Water Falls

To the fast west of the Brecon National Park is the A4069 also known as the Black Mountain Pass. Give it a search in Youtube to see what the roads are like,theres one particular hairpin which is very popular for car enthusiasts ;)

Return to “Members Mx-5/ Roadsters”