What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

NB wishbones on a NA?

Ask questions about looking after your roadster.
Hugeness
Regular

NB wishbones on a NA?

Postby Hugeness » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:24 pm

Will the front upper wishbone listed as for a 1.8 Mk2 98-05 fit on the mark1, also a 1.8?
I was wondering because they’re £180 a corner from MX5Parts and I can get them for £60ish on eBay brand new. My Ball joints are jiggerd (oo’er misses :-D )
1996 Mk1 Eunos Roadster in red
blackyb

Re: NB wishbones on a NA?

Postby blackyb » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:31 pm

No idea but will be interested to know.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Zed.
Just Run In

Postby Zed. » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:35 pm

top front wishbones are dimensionally identical.

NA & NB / fl have diferent top balljoint lengths, this is the tapered pin & thread length. otherwise interchangable in the wishbones BUT to use an NB balljoint in an NA upright you need a spacer-washer (~3mm thick?) for the nut to tighten & splitpin to align with the nuts castellations - obvously you could use a nyloc nut :teasing-neener:

https://supermiata.com/SuperMiata-Upper-Ball-Joint.aspx
^^ as example.

NB & fl have a strengthening brace that can contact some dampers / springs.

lower wishbones differ in their arb link mounts although NB lowers are sold by Mazda as fitting '89-'05 so...

http://racetrackdriving.com/tech/miata/ ... terchange/
some light reading? :handgestures-thumbup:

NA top balljoint, NB lower balljoint. :handgestures-thumbup:
from
https://mighty5s.com/post/41142/thread

Rich.
Saw it, wanted it, threw a tantrum.............
Got IT :dance:

50-shades of silver...
https://mighty5s.com/thread/2681/50-sha ... r-na-eunos
Hugeness
Regular

Postby Hugeness » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:49 pm

:text-goodpost:

Great info @Zed, thanks very much. I’m really just trying to avoid having to get the all joints out of the front uppers as I haven’t got a press. The bottoms are just bolt on (from what I can see).
As long as the taper angle is the same, using a spacer will probably do the job. The advantage of new arms in they come with bushes fitted making it more cost effective.

I’m guessing getting the old ball joints out of the uppers is a bit of a job?

Ta
Zed.
Just Run In

Postby Zed. » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:58 pm

Hugeness wrote:guessing getting the old ball joints out of the uppers is a bit of a job?

I used a hydraulic press but some thought & a bench-vise should do the job :handgestures-thumbup:

I'd be carefull if using a hammer & sockets though as the wishbone is a bit 'thin' so could deform in the 'bore' that the balljoint fits (balljoint is 'splined' to grip the wishbone)

I'll probably be getting new wishbones for my '91 just as they're not rusted as opposed to ease of balljoint replacement (even though I've just sandblasted some spares :doh: )

Rich.
Saw it, wanted it, threw a tantrum.............
Got IT :dance:

50-shades of silver...
https://mighty5s.com/thread/2681/50-sha ... r-na-eunos
Bluebell18
Just Run In

Postby Bluebell18 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:35 pm

Been there, done that got the tee shirt. Look at Swopping a Mk2 front suspension onto my Mk1!
Eunos Roadster …. One of the 'Blue Gs'
Hugeness
Regular

Postby Hugeness » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:53 pm

So I just need a spacer, oh, and Spot on Bluebell!

Return to “Maintenance”