What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Rust Proofing Rattle Can or Compressor

Ask questions about looking after your roadster.
drumtochty

Rust Proofing Rattle Can or Compressor

Postby drumtochty » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:03 pm

I usually put the car on the two post and either brush the stuff on or use a long wand from the rattle can if doing cavities snd sometimes a 6 in long nozzle from a rattle can for underneath the car.

I have a toy Lidl compressor with a 27 litre tank.

I was wondering if I should use that as it is cheaper to use the chemicals from a pot rather than from rattle cans.

So questions.

1) Is that compressor up to it and I think maybe not.

2) If I spray from the compressor will the lighter stuff like cavity wax get all over the garage unlike the rattle cans as they do not have that much power behind the spray.

3) Does a compressor do the cavities better than the rattle cans due to the amount of stuff it puts in there or is it just more stuff going in.

4) What capacity of compressor do most people have, I was thinking about a 150 litre ,10 bar, 14cfm job as the toy Lidl one is a bit well basic.

eddie
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Drumtochty Glen, Auchenblae, Aberdeenshire
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Rust Proofing Rattle Can or Compressor

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:01 am

Sooooooooo much easier and quicker with a compressor , once you have one there is no turning back....Air tools ; 0).
150 ltr 10 bar is spot on or upwards, would not be without mine.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:06 am

:text-imwithstupid: :handgestures-thumbup:
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:53 pm

After years of struggling with rattle cans and hand pumped systems, the purchase of a compressor made life easier, so much so I now have a rather hefty one in the garage that powers my ever growing air tool collection, the old smaller one now sits in what it the bike shed.

My system runs from 6bar to 10bar, so your compressor will easily do the job.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:38 pm

blackyb

Are you saying the toy Aldi one that has problems running at 4 bar and at best 4cfm from it's 27 ltr tank.

Or are you saying a 10bar 150 litrs 14cfm unit that I'm thinking about is what's needed.

I think the latter
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:03 pm

The smaller one of mine is a Sealy with a 25ltr tank and that easily runs the under sealing equipment but wouldn't drive the impact gun so I bought a 100ltr Sealy twin pump one, now that's a garage beasty.

Our lad bought the Aldi one and it powers his spray equipment quite adequately.

I find that the secret is not too much pressure and keep the waxoil nice and warm.

Hope this helps
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:12 am

Yes that helps a lot.

eddie
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:22 am

Eddie....
Get the 150 Ltr buddy and use the other for what it is a hobby one spraying fence panels and blowing crap off stuff and pumping up tyres.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
drumtochty

Postby drumtochty » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:16 pm

Agreed!
1999 Mk2 Silver
2008 Mk3 Copper Red gone
2018 Mk4 GT+ Red

Return to “Maintenance”