What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Apologies

Welcome to the sin bin ,you have been sent here, for being a total moron and for wrong doings, judged by the mods, days in here will be voted on by the powers that be, you can not post anywhere else on the forum until your time is up, if you do,then more time will be added,you will be allowed to post within your cooling off period in here only,that's if any wants to listen to what you have to say???
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Apologies

Postby The Captain » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:58 pm

OK, yes it was me, I am sorry, but really I can't see that it merited a trip to the Sin Bin for giving another owner the Autolink discount code. In my eyes it would simply have gained another customer, one that owns 2 MX5's.

And if the 'powers that be' really felt that this was necessary then a text or an email to let me know would have been nice.

I have now deleted the offending code from the other forum which means you will no longer have to worry.

I have also asked Roy to post an apology on my behalf in the public part of the forum.
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Re: Apologies

Postby The Captain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:31 pm

I would appreciate some communication from the powers that be regarding my current incarceration. I am away on business from Saturday until Tuesday so it would be nice to know how long I am going to be left in here before I go.

Thanks
MrChrome
Serial Poster

Postby MrChrome » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:16 pm

The Captain wrote:OK, yes it was me, I am sorry, but really I can't see that it merited a trip to the Sin Bin for giving another owner the Autolink discount code. In my eyes it would simply have gained another customer, one that owns 2 MX5's.

And if the 'powers that be' really felt that this was necessary then a text or an email to let me know would have been nice.

I have now deleted the offending code from the other forum which means you will no longer have to worry.

I have also asked Roy to post an apology on my behalf in the public part of the forum.

I was very disappointed and surprised to discover that you had posted the code on your own forum.

1. You gave the discount code out on a public forum that any owner could read. The current discount can lead to a product or products being shipped from Autolink where a loss is made on the sale. An example would be a Oil Filter could be sold for £1.99 with free delivery - the actual cost of this item including shipping is around £4.65.... Andrew as the owner of Autolink can choose who gets the benefit of a discount as it is his money that is being given away. You should consider how your business would suffer if people gave your money away and how you would feel in that circumstance....

2. You could have given the owner the code in a private message. It would not have been posted where anyone else could see it.

3. There were plenty of other owners who could have seen the post and used the discount. The discount is for Mazda Mender forum members who have to have joined in on the Mazda Mender forum...

4. Why should "the powers that be" send you a text or email?? You didn't bother to send Andrew one to ask if he minded did you?

5. "The powers that be" have been thrown "a curved ball", from a direction we didn't expect to get one and we are still trying to figure out what to do...
Now at DoctorMX5...
The Captain
Turbo Charged

Postby The Captain » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:31 pm

MrChrome wrote:
The Captain wrote:OK, yes it was me, I am sorry, but really I can't see that it merited a trip to the Sin Bin for giving another owner the Autolink discount code. In my eyes it would simply have gained another customer, one that owns 2 MX5's.

I was very disappointed and surprised to discover that you had posted the code on your own forum.

1. You gave the discount code out on a public forum that any owner could read. The current discount can lead to a product or products being shipped from Autolink where a loss is made on the sale. An example would be a Oil Filter could be sold for £1.99 with free delivery - the actual cost of this item including shipping is around £4.65.... Andrew as the owner of Autolink can choose who gets the benefit of a discount as it is his money that is being given away. You should consider how your business would suffer if people gave your money away and how you would feel in that circumstance....

2. You could have given the owner the code in a private message. It would not have been posted where anyone else could see it.

3. There were plenty of other owners who could have seen the post and used the discount. The discount is for Mazda Mender forum members who have to have joined in on the Mazda Mender forum...

4. Why should "the powers that be" send you a text or email?? You didn't bother to send Andrew one to ask if he minded did you?

5. "The powers that be" have been thrown "a curved ball", from a direction we didn't expect to get one and we are still trying to figure out what to do...

OK, first off I have apologised publicly on here, I presumed that I would be told that I was being sin binned.

Secondly its not 'my' forum, I simply happen to be one of the Admin team.

Yes I understand what is being said about the discount code, but in essence Andrew does not get to choose who gets the discount, as long as people have posted the required number of times then they have access to the code.

And maybe someone needs to look into the number of times I have pushed this forum, the amount of time I have spent tidying it up, the amount of time I have spent on the phone to Wayne discussing the forum, oh, and the number of times I have actually promoted Autolink to other owners.

If it really has caused that much of a problem for you then lets part company now as I am sure we all have more important things to concentrate on in our lives.
MrChrome
Serial Poster

Postby MrChrome » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am

Shall we read the actually post - you wrote:

- "Back on topic Ross, check out which is cheaper Autolink or MX5Parts. On Autolink, use this code before the end of March for free P&P XXXXXX"

- "I have deleted the Autolink discount code as apparently it is only meant for users of the Mazda Menders forum once they have posted a certain number of times."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OK, first off I have apologised publicly on here, I presumed that I would be told that I was being sin binned."

"Yes I understand what is being said about the discount code, but in essence Andrew does not get to choose who gets the discount, as long as people have posted the required number of times then they have access to the code."

The Mazda Member discount is exactly that THE MAZDA MENDER DISCOUNT. It's a special discount for Mazda Menders...

It seems you don't really understand what you have actually done wrong. You and all other Mazda Mender forum members , who a have access to the discount code, are trusted not to give it away to anyone else, not to make it public:

- You made it public...
- You didn't ask anyone whether you could do that....

Yes the realisty is you could have PM'd him the code and there's nothing anyone can do about it but no-one else would have known...

"Secondly its not 'my' forum, I simply happen to be one of the Admin team."

I am happy to be corrected...

"And maybe someone needs to look into the number of times I have pushed this forum, the amount of time I have spent tidying it up, the amount of time I have spent on the phone to Wayne discussing the forum, oh, and the number of times I have actually promoted Autolink to other owners."

There are many of us who have done exactly the same. That's exactly what moderators, members and admins do.

"If it really has caused that much of a problem for you then lets part company now as I am sure we all have more important things to concentrate on in our lives."

You may resign your membership if you wish to. You aren't forced to be a member of the Mazda Member forum. Personally, I'd rather you stayed...
Now at DoctorMX5...

Return to “Sin Bin”