What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

What Do YOU want to see on here??

General chat on all things Mx/Roadster
roadster1980

Re: What Do YOU want to see on here??

Postby roadster1980 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:28 pm

mazda-mender wrote:We'll get on it Ste,i'll kick AO a bit.
M-m

Hope it can be sorted would be so much easier
td-05 turbo@.6bar 190.8hp
Build thread
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1399
agent_orange
Epic Poster

Postby agent_orange » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:52 am

roadster1980 wrote:
mazda-mender wrote:We'll get on it Ste,i'll kick AO a bit.
M-m

Hope it can be sorted would be so much easier

Ok will look into this.
2003 Mk 2.5 Euphonic Velocity Red Sadly died of rust cancer
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
roadster1980

Postby roadster1980 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 am

Did this ever get looked into as it would make my life easier as I do everything from my phone
td-05 turbo@.6bar 190.8hp
Build thread
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1399
agent_orange
Epic Poster

Postby agent_orange » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:54 am

roadster1980 wrote:Did this ever get looked into as it would make my life easier as I do everything from my phone

Ah sorry didnt get back to you. Wasnt expecting this post to be in here.

Posting images works for me, although I am not using TapaTalk hosting or anything like that. But you dont need that, you are welcome to attach directly to this forum. Just remember, when you have attached your image, press the Inline button so it gets inserted into where your text is.

Could you give that a try and let me know how you get along? Cheers
2003 Mk 2.5 Euphonic Velocity Red Sadly died of rust cancer
1999 Mk2 VS
1991 Mk1
altruistic1964
Regular

Buying Guide

Postby altruistic1964 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:31 pm

This forum is a veritable treasure trove of information and it has certainly helped me in the time that this forum has been running.

However, I don't know whether anyone has considered creating a buying guide (ie, some form of checklist and what to look out for) for all marques of MX5 to help people like myself who hold limited knowledge of cars. Obviously, the caveat emptor guide still applies but some form of guide might prove useful.

And my MK2 mx5 has been given the last rites as it were, will post further info in the relevant section.......
David Watson (Huddersfield)
(Currently MX5-less but working on it.....)
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:48 pm

We will be putting together a no holes bared none suger coated honest a true buyers guide with no frills for all models and version with their traits as no car is without out them and 100% bullet proof although the Mx/Roadster is a home fixers dream unlike most others that are out there. :coffee: :handgestures-thumbup:
Now whats happened to the MK 2 Dave????
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:07 pm

I have to say in my year of ownership I have used this site more than any other mostly because of it's straight talking and good honest clear advice so thanks for that :handgestures-thumbup: . There have been times when I couldn't find a particular post or how to but there has always been someone who has pointed the way.
I think this is an excellent site with a good feeling and no bitching which definately happens elsewhere so from that point of view I think you have it right.

As far as a suggestion is concerned maybe you could have a beginners corner with all the basic info gathered that someone might need for example, how to jack the car and use stands (something that I was very nervous about,) basic checks, what tools they need to start off with if they have nothing, all to encourage them to give it a go.

Just my thoughts but as it stands you guys have helped me no end and I even have a couple of stickies in the how to :eek:

Keep up the good work :bow-yellow: :clap:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4699
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:20 pm

I am looking at doing some Vids of the basics for owners in the serviceing etc, but i will doi some for the basics basics by all means if it will help, a good value kit that we have been hitting with hammers at the minute are the TorQ kits in B&Q believe it or not, well worth there money for a home fettler they are still going strong and we have given them some hammer.
The kit we are trying is the 91 piece... http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools/to ... d=11888624

And the 150 piece.... http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools/sp ... d=11738446

Good value for money :bow-yellow:

On the look out for the next kit to knock the crap out of, done helfrauds kit not that impressed with the price they are, done cresent kits held up very very well, done draper hit and miss in that some are good and some are crap, done the britool, snap on etc etc wrong end of the scale i am testing for, more testing kits in the price market a normal fettler can afford without emptying the bank account.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Going to back Wayne on the Torq kit I find it solid and comfortable to use.... Oh and easy on the pocket which keeps all happy.... :handgestures-thumbup:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Meister Suspension - Mk2.5 leather seats - IL Motorsport Bushes - 1.8 brake upgrade
Getting there slowly
chrisst2
New

Postby chrisst2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:54 am

Hi ... newbie here ... had a search round but cannot see anything on the forum about this so will throw this out there ...

Just wondering if there is an opportunity to have some kind of list of things fellow members would be happy to loan out for a period of time , tools, jacks, axle stands , maybe extend to things like run flats , boot racks , services or an extra pair of hands etc ..

Reason I ask is that I will be touring France for 3 weeks in September and the missus is adamant we aren't taking the MX unless we have a spare wheel which means that I will have to get a rack & space saver wheel for my NC MK3 (finding it very difficult to identify a 17" space saver to fit my Mk3) . I really don't want to buy them as I will probably only use them once and they will sit around in the garage gathering dust .

Does any member have these items they would be willing to loan or rent out for 3 weeks? If not I will buy them but am happy to add them to a list for other members to borrow.

On my bike owners club there is a section that does just this, basically any member who is happy to loan/rent things out is added to a list which has the details of the item(s), whereabouts, rental costs if applicable , and each item has to have a deposit paid before being loaned.

I have various tools, Mig welder, Axle stands, trolley jack , air compressor etc that I would be happy to add to the list and loan to fellow members , also although not a qualified mechanic or anything I am happy to provide an extra pair of
hands on the occasions that jobs need them !.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this :cool: If anyone has a boot rack and a 17" space saver they would be happy to loan in September then please let me know , also very interested to hear what you guys and gals think of the suggestion.

cheers

Chris

ps ... does anyone know what type of space saver I need and where I can get it?
MK3 NC 2.0 Sport
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 pm

I don't know about the others but this seems like a reasonable idea to me, after all we are all here to help each other out. lets see what the main man and others think… but it would get my vote having access to tools or help on a temp basis.. :text-goodpost: .

Maybe it could be put under a "where you are and what you have to help, lend, or rent" heading, even if its just space to work and tea to drink...
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Getting there slowly
chrisst2
New

Postby chrisst2 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:18 am

cheers Yolo , fingers crossed it gains momentum :handgestures-thumbup: if nothing else comes of it at least some members who may have read the thread know that I have some tools etc to lend :-D

cheers M-m ... useful post, now just got to find them for sale :text-thankyouyellow:

Sun is shining , roof down and time to get back out in the beast ... :dance:
MK3 NC 2.0 Sport
phildent
Just Run In

Postby phildent » Thu May 28, 2015 3:13 am

Excellent idea to have a list of helpers and equiptment.I certainly would be up for it and being retired have plenty of time.
I am currently looking at refurbing calipers to as new at little more than the cost of a rebuild kit.The other thing that I am looking at is refurbing wishbones and I may well look at making tubular wishbones.
The forum is coming along nicely with lots of good information and non of the bad language or bitchiness which is apparent on some of the other forums.
Its a great friendly forum to celebrate the enjoyment of a great little car and lets face it we are all here to get help or share help with others.

As an aside perhaps we could have a thread about the music we are playing in our 5's.On one of the hifi forums I am on its a great way of discovering new bands and artists.I have just discovered the group Airbag and am presently wearing it out in the five.There is a way of listening to almost anything for free and then if I like it I buy it.

Keep up the good work
Phil
Yolo
Epic Poster

Postby Yolo » Thu May 28, 2015 9:59 pm

:text-goodpost:

Phil stick where you are from on your signature so that others know where you are in case they want to take you up on your offer….. :handgestures-thumbup:
Mk 1 Eunos 1.6 Silver
Getting there slowly
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 pm

As an aside perhaps we could have a thread about the music we are playing in our 5's.

Personally, we rarely play music when we are in the MX, we like to listen to the burble of the exhaust and the air rushing by our lugholes!!

But great idea about posting up a list of go to helpers!!!
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!

Return to “Mx/Roadster Chat and Banter”