What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Gutted.....

Any Questions on the Insurance side of things can be posted in here to be Answered by Dan Dan the insurance man, who is our man in the know
Li5

Re: Gutted.....

Postby Li5 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:42 pm

Sorry to hear you are having same problem, am sending you a PM
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
Li5

Postby Li5 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:50 pm

Mazda Mender wrote:Liz
Fill me in .
M-m

Have sent you an email Wayne as it makes for long reading, make a :coffee: before you open it!
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Where have you sent it buddy, i have your short but sweet version by P.M
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Pincherrn
Serial Poster

Postby Pincherrn » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Guys,
My wife had an accident a couple of years ago now when somebody ran into the back of her Mk2.5 Icon in traffic. The guy was really good and gave all his details and everything and checked my wife got home ok. We called our insurance, Admiral Multicar, and said about the accident. They too put us in touch with an accident management company called Albany Assistance. I looked these people up on Google as I was very sceptical about things they said. If you look them up you find loads of horror stories about them. They wanted us to sign a contract with them but this would have meant we could have ended up paying for extortionate hire car bills or having to pay out in advance and reclaim the money back. We eventually decided not to use them and used the other guys insurance (AIG) which was brilliant. They arranged everything for us. Albany sent us a bill for the repair quote we had before we used AIG. We said we wouldn't pay it but would tell AIG.
A few weeks ago we had a letter from Albany saying we still hadn't payed this bill (£60), almost 2 years later. We told AIG and they said Albany never got in touch but they would pay the bill.
All in all I would try and avoid Accident Management companies all together. Albany are a bunch of crooks.
Hope you get it sorted.

Colin
MEV Exocet.
1995 1.8 Mk1 White Roadster. S Special Type I.
Exocet build thread - http://www.mazdamenders.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1138
http://www.jansholistics.co.uk/
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:25 pm

Now i must say that footman james http://www.footmanjames.co.uk/ that was AON? were the best i had ever dealt with when i had my very first accident made it all so worry free and sorted out so fast it was great, made the phone call and the lady told me not to worry and she will arrange an assessor out to me.
Phoned me in work on the Wednesday and arranged to meet him on the Friday , left work on the Friday to meet him and put the brews on, he arrived with his clip board and after a chat he looked over the damage and story, spent the next hour and half stating up the other roadsters, in and out of them, bonnets up talking cars, he left and two hours later phoned me with an offer to repair , Chq arrived on the Tuesday and sent him pics off it all finished as he personally requested, and it was that easy ,although i sorted out all repairs,sourcing of parts etc and Ste doing the paint side.

I really do not want a accident ever again , but from reading these stories of using a third party to deal with the messy bits when needed i am glad mine was dealt with so easy and worry free, time to rethink things i think.
M-m

M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Li5

Postby Li5 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:03 pm

Mazda Mender wrote:Where have you sent it buddy, i have your short but sweet version by P.M
M-m

Sorry Wayne missed your post above. I emailed it to you as phone call by phone call account is about 4pages long, put the kettle on before you open it. Adrian Flux have acknowledged receipt & emailed to say they are looking into it. Thanks also go to Dan @ AF
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:33 pm

Thought i'd update....

Not unexpectedly, whole claim has stalled and it now seems left to me to chase !

3 weeks now since the bump, no communication from ULR or Accidents Happen...nothing not a squat.

I've chased the garage directly who told me 1 week ago repair was authorized and they would order parts, 1 week on they say parts haven't arrived...god only knows where they are coming from ? i can get all the parts myself in 24hours.

Just chased ULR by email, who replied and say, despite a letter dated 15/10/2015 saying they are dealing, suggest i contact AH myself !.....told em to £$%£ spent £12 already on phone calls....

I just sense because there's no expensive hire car or personal injury element they have lost interest !

So tempted just to tell them to scrap the claim and i'll go direct to the third party but that would mean a new estimate at another garage...and i suspect mayby them trying to bill me for the engineers report ?

Third party did say they could work with current garage but that still leaves me stuck awaiting parts.

Really not sure which way to go now......i hate accident management companies !!
Li5

Postby Li5 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:55 pm

With mine taking so long, that was when I made phone call with intention of saying I'd deal with it.

Unfortunately or fortunately, whichever way you look at it, that was when I was informed it had already been written off! so left it with Quindell to sort. I have given Adrian Flux details of my 'experience' & received communication back from all 3 companies involved in sorting claim.

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing same problems, hope it gets sorted soon, keep us updated.
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:15 pm

I've also written to AF, basically suggesting they stop using ULR and AH, end of the day it just looks bad on them, after all that's who referred me. It is now booked on for repair but only because I've been liaising with the garage direct. Goes on 10th November nearly a month after the bump. New boot lid, rear panel and light plus paint and repair of rear inner panel £1579.

ULR and AH have not made any contact proactively at all in 3 weeks.
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:52 am

Well had to laugh......

Bear in mind my car is booked in at the garage now for repairs on 11/11/15, parts in stock now.

ULR email me yesterday....your repair has been authorised 23/10/15 unfortunately there is a back log on parts........useful update then ULR !

AH email also, they have spoken today ?? to the third party insurer and they have accepted liability...

Neither fill me with faith...and no idea why two companies are involved, thank God the garage are on the ball and seem happy to talk !
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:06 pm

I hope that this is not indicative of the service we can all expect should we be unlucky enough to have to make a claim through AF.

Think we need some reassurances from Dan or AF that this is a one off, but having been monitoring this post, seems maybe not. Looks like AF are just as bad as the rest, quick to take your money but slow to provide the service we need when we need it.

:naughty:
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:06 pm

AF are takeing notes of all this and i hope they will be getting in touch with Wayne and Liz very soon ,this as high lighted a issue in the system that i know AF is concerned about and are looking into how this as happened and why , which will be dealt with and to make sure this does not happen again, i am in contact with the guys as i am not happy also with all this ,.........Dan,James,Grant and Craig will be keeping me up to date and on here.
M-m

Li5

Postby Li5 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:09 pm

I have had letters & emails from AF, ULR (now renamed) & Quindell to say they are investigating. I await their findings in the next few weeks.
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Customer Ref No: 45111028
Date: 31/10/2015

Dear Mr Wayne Heppenstall

We acknowledge receipt of your recent correspondence with thanks and would be obliged if you could note our comments below.

In response to the received comments regarding the level of service received from our claims team, we have forwarded the correspondence to Motorplus for them to contact you regarding your complaint.

If at any point you have any queries in relation to your policy please do not hesitate to email us at contact‑us@adrianflux.co.uk.

Your sincerely,

Craig Hilton
AFlux

In response to my complaint to AF......................No idea who Motorplus are ???? not that it matters because they haven't got in touch anyway !! Dan who are Motorplus ?
Last edited by wazza99 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:55 pm

Oh... a quick Google tells me Motorplus are ULR !.....ffs.....

That must be who sent this dated 2/11/15, odd when my car was booked in for repair on 30th October (repairs to commence 11/11/15) and garage conform to me all parts received and waiting !! This what i'm talking about even after i chase the companies all i get is out of date information, rubbish. The other issue i have is i wrote to complain to AF about the service their third parties are giving, i didn't write asking for an update from ULR/Motorplus, i expected AF to write back and explain what if anything they intend to do about the crappy service the third parties are giving.

Dear Mr Heppenstall,

Re : Accident Date : 15th October 2015
: Vehicle : xxxxx

We write further to your email and advise we have spoken to Accidents Happen who confirmed the repairs were authorised on 23rd October and the parts have been ordered. Unfortunately, they are in a backlog situation and they do not have an estimated time of arrival but will this be chased up again and they should have contacted you today with an update.

We trust this confirms the position and if you do have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely
Uninsured Loss Recovery
313762CE

Return to “Adrian Flux Insurance”