What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Gutted.....

Any Questions on the Insurance side of things can be posted in here to be Answered by Dan Dan the insurance man, who is our man in the know
wazza99
Regular

Re: Gutted.....

Postby wazza99 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:03 pm

ROFL

Motorplus/ULR claim ......

Creating a suite of services which are focused solely on the client and their experience has enabled Motorplus to offer its customers a distinctive proposition supported by an experienced team who offer an unrivalled service experience :lol:
Li5

Postby Li5 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:17 pm

wazza99 wrote:ROFL

Motorplus/ULR claim ......

Creating a suite of services which are focused solely on the client and their experience has enabled Motorplus to offer its customers a distinctive proposition supported by an experienced team who offer an unrivalled service experience :lol:

You found the answer to your question before I could answer wazza99
If it weren't for the fact I had a letter telling me ULR is now named Motorplus, I'd wonder if you had the right company!

At least comparing our letters, I can see they are not a standard stock letter sent out. The complaints procedures sent with mine say investigation of complaint could take up to 4 weeks if I understand correctly what I've read!!

Think I'll have a few more :coffee: then
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
roadster1980

Postby roadster1980 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:26 pm

that's bad news I remember doing this car it was near perfect mate, if I can help out anyway whatsoever ever I'm a message away
td-05 turbo@.6bar 190.8hp
Build thread
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1399
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:43 pm

Wazza
The guys from AF WILL be getting in touch with you over all this.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Regular

Postby DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Hello

As much as it's worth at this stage, I'd like to reassure you that I have made the relevant management here at AF aware of the claims issues that have been raised on this thread. I've asked them to investigate the correspondence issues you have been experiencing as I don't have the relevant contact information for these companies and they are best suited to this task.

We're hoping to get these resolved as soon as possible and can only apologise for the issues you have been experiencing.

Grant

wazza99 wrote:Oh... a quick Google tells me Motorplus are ULR !.....ffs.....

That must be who sent this dated 2/11/15, odd when my car was booked in for repair on 30th October (repairs to commence 11/11/15) and garage conform to me all parts received and waiting !! This what i'm talking about even after i chase the companies all i get is out of date information, rubbish. The other issue i have is i wrote to complain to AF about the service their third parties are giving, i didn't write asking for an update from ULR/Motorplus, i expected AF to write back and explain what if anything they intend to do about the crappy service the third parties are giving.

Dear Mr Heppenstall,

Re : Accident Date : 15th October 2015
: Vehicle : xxxxx

We write further to your email and advise we have spoken to Accidents Happen who confirmed the repairs were authorised on 23rd October and the parts have been ordered. Unfortunately, they are in a backlog situation and they do not have an estimated time of arrival but will this be chased up again and they should have contacted you today with an update.

We trust this confirms the position and if you do have any further queries then please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely
Uninsured Loss Recovery
313762CE
Li5

Postby Li5 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Many thanks Dan, much appreciated
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Just thought i'd close this now as i do have my car back, repaired. overall this is how the claim is/was.

I had one email from AH, to tell me when it should be ready, which i knew anyway as i liaised with the garage. I have had nothing from ULR or any follow up from AH/ULR.

As this was the first time i've ever had this type of accident i didn't know what to expect but i have to say overall i am disappointed with the handling, ULR/AH/AF never made me feel as though they we're taking care of things, no-one was pro-active, i felt as i did all the chasing direct with the garage, who incidentally we're the best of the lot. In future my chosen route will be just to deal direct with the third party insurer as i can see no value at all in using these 3rd party companies who just add on fees for little or no extra service.

Perhaps there are better management companies out there and if so i encourage AF to change to them as ULR/AH are just making AF look bad.

You live and learn and indeed as many say an insurance company is only really tested when it comes to a claim.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:03 am

I have found AF to be professional in dealing with things but it is there 3rd parties that let them down in so many ways which is a shame as the guys are great to deal with, i am concerned that the reason for being insured is for when something happens like yourself Wayne and Liz, and when it does your head is up your ar*e and you are at a loss, so you lean and depend on the insurance Co to help and make it all as worry free as they can and get you sorted with little stress as that is what you are paying for, and this as not been the case, the only thing at the minute out of this ,is that AF are deep into looking at changing the way that the claim side of things are being dealt with and who and why they have been let down with as it is their name that gets poo poo'd, because they are a broker, most of them are.

Rest assured i have been watching all this and LIz's with calls etc with deep interest with flux.
Glad to know that you have her back Wayne as i know how much time and cash as been thrown at her over the years, get some pics up and lets have a look, Liz can you give me a bell or P.M please to see where you are up to.

Wayne just as a foot note buddy the end result is NOT always like this, i have had one which was dealt with so quick that my hair did not even have time to grow, Angie has had two over the years (which was not her) that were dealt with very quickly to, although with a different Co at the time, but i believe? they have changed to working the same way now to?

I feel part of this as we recommend them to use, and as highlighted a good few things.

Stay safe guys.
M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:48 am

Well i thought i'd heard the last of this claim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate accident management companies, i hate 3rd parties and sorry guts at i hate Adrian Flux !!! i also hate my growing phone bill !! :coffee:

So cars been back 2 months, all's well....went to renew my main car insurance, discussing the Mazda claim with them , tell them its a none fault accident.....oh no its not Sir ! have you had confirmation all costs have been recovered from the third party ? er no says me........then it goes down as a fault claim until such time ...WTF !

Emailed ULR/ AH/ AF as i've no real idea who should send or chase this info........none reply......

Called AF...well turns out to be ULR ?...they send a letter, claim is closed.....HOWEVER ....this does not mean any 3rd parties (ie AH) have also done who may have been instructed on your behalf....so still no clarity on if all costs have been recovered.

ULR advise me to call AF in morning.......

In meantime , nothing to lose i call third party insurer, Liverpool Victoria, they tell me they have had the bill and paid all costs, simples.

Called AF....customer services....oh no sir we cannot confirm if costs are recovered, so you can't and ULR can't.....so who can ? can no-one call AH and ask....seems not, easier to put me on hold for 30 mins ! do AH not write to ULR/AF and advise a claim is closed...nope. Dear God.

So i take a punt, call AH off the web, quote a ref and lo and behold, yes sir the claim is closed and all costs recovered, shall we email you confirmation? yes please.

Point is .......ULR/AF you have done nothing proactively, every single bit of chasing from start to finish has been of my doing, easily spent Ā£50 + on phone calls.

I said it at the start and will say it again, AF you seriously need to look at the third parties you work with because they are seriously letting your name down, never again will i deal with an accident management company i should have just gone directly with the third party insurer who by the way have been far more helpful through the whole process than any of my side.

Sorry for the rant...over and out.......
Jetmech
Just Run In

Postby Jetmech » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:11 pm

I am not surprised that you had a bit of a rant. That was a truly appalling process you had to go through.
Not a good advert for cheap car insurance at all. At least they repaired the car.

Simon.
Simon.
NB California
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:20 am

This story has me seriously thinking about with whom I will insure our little girl with this coming year.

We have only ever had to make one claim in over 40yrs of driving and that it was painless and quickly dealt with by our then insurers.

I think we AF customers need so extra reassurances from AF that this was a one off but I doubt very much we will or that it is a one off.

Or am I to be proved wrong!!!
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:58 am

I am on this to and concerned as the lads at AF know, i will be catching up with them at the NEC, AF are spot on, the problem is the third parties that are not talking to each other, as is the route of most insurance Co's are doing these days as most are brokers, trust me it is all noted with Liz and Wayne's end result when it should of been hassle free, and the reason we are insured for.
M-m

wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:26 pm

Well...after waiting 1 month for my formal complaint to AF over the handling my repair i think the summary paragraph below (taken from the message) says it all.

"From reviewing their file (AH) for you i have found there was a slight delay in your claim, whilst the repairer was awaiting ordered parts. However i have been unable to identify any other point in time in which any inconvenience has been caused and it appears the repairs we're carried out in good time "

Ah well must be me then, clearly they feel it all went well.... :confusion-confused:

Tbh i can't be arsed going any further, lessons learnt and i'll let you all make your own conclusions, i have.

Return to ā€œAdrian Flux Insuranceā€