What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Gutted.....

Any Questions on the Insurance side of things can be posted in here to be Answered by Dan Dan the insurance man, who is our man in the know
wazza99
Regular

Gutted.....

Postby wazza99 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Well end of an era i think.......took the Mazda to work today probably only one of two journeys i do to work in it a year.......rear ended at a roundabout on way home from a white van man :evil: ....says he thought i'd pulled out......er no i was stationary........

Bumper, rear panel outer and inner, both lights and boot lid bent.....i suspect they will write it off......wouldn't mind as you may recall not long since had front wings replaced and rear sill and arches done by Autoline at substantial cost !

Kicking myself i'd not done an agreed value now....bet i'll be lucky to be offered £1000 ??? ah well sh*t happens........ :whistle:
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Re: Gutted.....

Postby flea » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:00 pm

Bad news. Sorry to hear this
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
DavesBRG5

Postby DavesBRG5 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:22 pm

:angry-banghead: Sorry to hear. Hope you get a decent pay out & can find a decent replacement 5.
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Not good , at least you are ok.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Folks a bit confused/advice...reported the accident to my insurance AFlux, the claims team have handed it off to a third party ? Accidents Happen ? says as its quite clear its a non fault claim better they handle ?

Also the guy has just phoned me up (nice chap btw) asking about covering costs privately...i at first told him doubt it would be worthwhile, he reckons his insurance with go up £800 ! well i says even if i can get panels with paint and labour ?

Just looked on MX5 parts

Boot lid £245
Jap Rear plate panel £142
Rear light £83

And ofc thats without fitting and painting inc re-painting rear bumper, which i think has bounced back, also not sure what the "panel" is called behind the plastic number plate cover ? i think that's bent inwards as well, i guess a body shop would have to straighten that ?......all in all i doubt he/i would get change from a grand ?...if he's paying or insurance is i'm not fitting second hand parts as i've just had everything re-painted.

I hate them to write it off but then again i don't want it fixed on the cheap just so he can avoid insurance.....do you think insurance will fix ? or will they just want to write it off for a quick settlement ?

Hating all this already, had a fully sorted car that i've put like £3000 in (£1700 purchase + £1400 body work) now i feel im looking at perhaps what a £1500 ? payout ? FFS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Have you got pics?
M-m
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Ill take some in light tomorrow, my gut feeling is let insurance deal......i fear more damage my lurk beneath, with boot aperture being distorted , boot lid is curved up light a banana !..no doubt there will be 100 and 1 fixing and fitting bust !
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:44 am

It's too late for him anyway if it's been reported to the insurance company. It's a "No-Claims Bonus", not a "No-Payout Bonus". If an accident claim has been put in, he will lose his NCB and his insurance will go up, whether they have to pay out or not.

That's not your problem though.

I think what I'd do is get it all costed up using new parts as much as possible, send him that bill and see if he is happy to pay it. If so, take the money then get it done using quality 2nd hand parts from Autolink and use the extra for a few nice upgrades. If he isn't happy to pay then it goes to insurance to sort it out.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)
Li5

Postby Li5 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Sorry to hear of your accident, but glad you're ok. Just to forewarn you....

I was rear ended by a white van causing scratches to my bumper & a small crack, hardly visible now since friend pulled it back in line, so not as much damage as yours. My car was written off as valued at £1100 & repairs with new bumper & painted £1007 :mad:

I too am insured through Adrian Flux who used a company called Quindell to 'act on my behalf' & another but can't remember the name at the moment (details are at home). All I'll say on companies handling of case for now is 'I'll be talking to Adrian Flux'

Take photos & record all dealings with anyone on this matter, hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction.
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Regular

Postby DAN@ADRIAN FLUX » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:48 am

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this. If you have any problems or issues with regards to the claim then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:07 am

Liz
Fill me in .
M-m

wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:00 pm

My case has too been handed off to a company called Accidents Happen...been to an approved garage just waiting outcome on estimate, highly expect it to be written off, though i did have a word with the garage and he says for none safety items they can use 2nd hand parts, reckons he'll do what he can to try and keep cost down whilst doing a good job and hopefully stopping it been written off. I'm told repair cost has to be around 60% of value no more otherwise they just write off.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Many moons ago, I had a car written off but was able to buy it very cheaply from the insurers and over a period of a year using seconds hand parts rebuilt it, ran it then sold it on.

Did the same in 1997 with a motorbike when the father in laws mate decided to try and kill me and the wife, ended up writing off a special edition CBR100FF that I had only owned a month, again bought it back, did it up and sold it on.

Hope you get the result that gives you the best deal possible.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
wazza99
Regular

Postby wazza99 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:23 am

You got to laugh......Li5 was right.......Accident management companies ! :violin:

Been 5 days since i took the car to the approved repairer.....only people who seem keen to talk is the third party's insurer...which is good of them and they have admitted liability, they want to take the claim over.

Accidents Happen, we're supposed to call me back yesterday but didn't......i called ULR this morning, who tell me estimate is in and awaiting approval, but could not tell me how much or how long.......so i called AH, who tell me estimate not received from garage so they are not seeking approval yet...... :sad:

Remind me isnt the point of a AM company to do all the work ? seems to be me making calls and chasing........very tempted just to deal myself with the third party insurer ...only downside would mean id have to go visit their approved repairer or i can insist on my own but has limitations.

Just to explain, Adrian Flux hand off to ULR (uninsured loss recovery) who then hand off to AH...

I'm sure in complex cases they may play a useful role but at this point struggling to see how there making my life any easier....
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Postby flea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:53 pm

Don't do anything yet so as not to make yourself liable
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8

Return to “Adrian Flux Insurance”