What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Sodding cyclists

Get it out of your system. Keep it clean'ish. It can be just about anything that has ragged you up, but please not about the OC. Leave their politics there.
GlennyGills

Sodding cyclists

Postby GlennyGills » Sun May 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Now I know there are many tales of cyclists misbehaving in towns and cities, BUT what gets up my nose is that on a weekend afternoon they clog up all the B roads doing 20mph. They have no consideration for the 400 other road users stuck behind their lycra clad arses. Grrrrrrr :evil: :evil:

Is it illegal to push them off the road into a thorn bush hedge. :auto-layrubber: :-D
'96 Gleneagles MeisterR Coilovers - engine bling stainless mx5parts full exhaust
Badknee
Serial Poster

Re: Sodding cyclists

Postby Badknee » Sun May 18, 2014 9:21 pm

No it not legal but sometimes it would be so much fun. :laughing-rolling:
Paul & Angela.
'93 1.8 in Super Silver
Fully blinged up (thanks M-m)
Lowered into the weeds hung on Gaz Gold Pro's.
BenF
Epic Poster

Postby BenF » Sun May 18, 2014 9:24 pm

Drawing pins destroy road bike tyres btw, no harm to cars... :wink:
al_p

Postby al_p » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:52 am

no they dont i have kevlar tyres hahahaha bring it on .... (from the 10mph exhausted fat cyclist )
I remember the days when ‘Blue Ray’ was an elderly gentleman who drowned in our local swimming pool.
Li5

Postby Li5 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:00 pm

Have to admit, although I'm part of a long time serious cycling family, who always used the Broads when we could, the riding of some of todays cyclists leaves a lot to be desired.

From a youngster, riding with the family or on a club run, we were taught the protocol of the road, starting with:-
No more than 2 abreast,
Drop to single file on hearing a car, or when 'tail end Charlie' shouted "car",
Wave said car through as soon as safe for all, and there's more....

Personally I don't do the Lycra, it doesn't make you a better cyclist if you don't have the initial skills. Having spent an hour in rush hour traffic one night this week there were 3 riders (can't even call them cyclists) in particular who need educating on their skills, if they stay upright long enough!! When I did dare to try educating one before about the error of riding through a red light I got a mouthful of verbal abuse for thanks.....
Liz

MK1 J2Ltd
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:03 am

As a keen off road cyclist (minimal Lycra but plenty of padding) I just don't see why the roadies insist on riding in packs taking up all the road, quite clear that they have not read the highway code about no more than two abreast etc.

What makes me smile is the odd times we have to do short sections of road riding we have at times overtaken them?

So to add to the rant, Sunday drivers/cyclists are all the same - a nuisance.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
Lazza
Site Admin

Postby Lazza » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:21 am

I'm a keen MTB cyclist too. I would be a keen road cyclist but there are too many bad/inconsiderate drivers around and it's just not worth the risk. It's actually safer to ride off road on broken surfaces, exposed roots, jumps, trees etc than it is to ride on smooth tarmac just because of ignorant drivers.
Lazza

2001 Mk2.5 MX5 1.8 Sport
Hard Dog Deuce
GAZ Gold Pro
Mk3 seats
17” OZ Racing Superturissmo wheels (for the toad)
15” Rota Circuit 10 wheels (for track use)

Return to “RANT! Not for the faint hearted!!!”