What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

Eunos pilgrim here

Introduce yourself here. Tell us all about your passions and your pride and joy. We wont bite.
WILLCEE51
New

Eunos pilgrim here

Postby WILLCEE51 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:30 pm

hi .pilgrim to MX5 Miata ,Eunos but not to vehicles, have built perhaps 40 from shells road cars,rally, hillclimb, race.. over a long lifetime, this mk1 Eunos 93 may end up being my last build , so take pity on me..No.. tell me I'm bl**dy mad at my age.. anyhow despite myself i have managed to pick up from deepest Somerset all the way to Coleraine, North Coast of N.Ireland, a well used,170, 000miles ex Jap import,damp but almost rust free Eunos 1.6 auto followed next Tuesday DV a Mazda 1.8vvt mill and 5sp box complete. Ready i hope for the transplant.. I might have new rings and bearings and a head skim done just to make sure..its needs some care new carpets new paint new susp... ANY advice on stand alone ECU'S invited.. cheers will
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: Eunos pilgrim here

Postby Mazda Mender » Mon May 17, 2021 5:59 am

It use to be the Megasquirts that were popular , then moved to the ME221, I think we have progressed since then to a new number ME? , My project next year is a Mk 1 with a VVT implant but I will be using the OE loom and ECU etc as I am heading for a MK 1 that's using all standard equipment but upgraded, Thomas as just implated a VVT into a MK 1 and I am sure he will jump in with what he used .
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
Lumphammer

Re: Eunos pilgrim here

Postby Lumphammer » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:11 am

Hi Will,

Sorry only just seen your post - welcome!

I've not jet got my car on the road, I've used an ME442 and to date I'm quite pleased with it. My criticisms are that the mechanical design has some minor points that could be better - the mechanical anchorage on the USB port is poor to the point of being virtually non-existent. And the placement of the auxillary connector (to add things the original vehicles loom doesn't support) is annoying. To me this has been vastly outweighed by the support I've experienced - it's a UK company based in Bath and you can just phone them up and they'll guide you through what you want to do. When it came to getting my car running they used several remote desktop connections to the laptop combined with a phone call - it was a superb experience and very unusual that you get the designers of a product offering a direct service like that.

My limited experience is that tuners are highly opinionated about ECUs, I've already decided that I'll be getting my car to Bath to have it mapped by Motorsport Electronics but this will likely cost me time and money but it's a choice I've made because there are no local tuners for ME stuff.

Kind regards,

Tom

Return to “Welcome desk”