What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

New Mazda owner, N. Wales

Introduce yourself here. Tell us all about your passions and your pride and joy. We wont bite.
CSMaggers

New Mazda owner, N. Wales

Postby CSMaggers » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi all,

My name is Chris and I'm a very recent owner of an MX5.
I've had many cars in the past but there is just something that the MX5 has that is unique.

I rescued a Mk2.5 1.6 Nevada with Leather trim from a local garage where the owner was thinking of scrapping her. She did need a bit of work, but as far as I'm concerned, well worth it.
The jobs required were:
1. Two tyres replaced Replaced all 4
2. New soft top Currently undergoing
3. New clutch Booked in for next week
4. Sill welding (4 places) All done
5. MOT Done today
6. New front spring. Done

I've looked at the front rails and the NS is just begining to show some lifting, so that will be done in the spring. Found a place that does the plates and I have an excellent welder to hand.

The OS rear wheel arch is bubbled, as is the boot lid. A second hand boot lid has been obtained and I intend to have completely new sills and a new rear 1/4 panel fitted next year and properly painted with the boot lid.

This one is certainly a keeper, and I'm looking forward to driving her for the remaining sunny days this year and over the winter to work and back.

The wife seems as excited as I am and has named her Millicent!!! (Millicent Bystander off Flushed Away)

I have to also thank one of the kind members on here who has helped a soft top virgin with advice on getting the roof to fit properly.

20180919_155036.jpg
20180919_155036.jpg (552.91 KiB) Viewed 5937 times

20180919_155023.jpg
20180919_155023.jpg (477.87 KiB) Viewed 5937 times

Looking forward to enjoying the buzz!!!

Chris ;)
DavesBRG5

Re: New Mazda owner, N. Wales

Postby DavesBRG5 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:29 pm

Welcome to Menders :text-welcomewave: :text-goodpost:

Thought you were in Australia for a minute when i saw the pics :lol:
DAVE

1992 1.6 BRG V-Spec - 2003 MK2.5 Sport - 1992 ROADSTER 1.6.
CSMaggers

Postby CSMaggers » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Yes sorry, phone posted Aussie pics. Not sure how to turn them, will try on the laptop at home!!!

The Good news is I've finally got the roof closed and sealed. Thanks to the great help from Mzda Menders on here.

Pretty much all built back up now, seats to go back in after a clean and some leather care.

I'll await taxing it till Monday, but I'll have to go for a bit of a run on Monday evening after work now, just a shakedown you know!!!

Chris ;)
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Greetings Chris

Any questions just fire away buddy ..it's what we are here for...we've already struggled so you won't need to.
Glad your sorted with the roof buddy.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
scunninghamk
Just Run In

Postby scunninghamk » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Looks a lovely motor car. Albeit Australian!
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:49 pm

Its the handling characteristics of a mazda, sticks to the road like glue when set up just right.

Welcome to the passion
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
GlennyGills

Postby GlennyGills » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm

Do Mazda also make the bus in the background. not so sure I want to be at that no. 27. :lol:
'96 Gleneagles MeisterR Coilovers - engine bling stainless mx5parts full exhaust

Return to “Welcome desk”