What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

New member from South Croydon

Introduce yourself here. Tell us all about your passions and your pride and joy. We wont bite.
BG61

New member from South Croydon

Postby BG61 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi All. Brian here just registered although i don't know why i didn't years ago. Have been driving a 1992 Crystal White MK1 1.6 UK model for the past 12 years and loving every moment of it including the fettling. Thought i would never ever sell it but have recently acquired an 89 Eunos 1.6 Mariner Blue which is number 5846 off the production line and in outstanding condition. I also have a Mazda 323F with the pop up headlights of which you don't see many of these days. Also known as a BG funnily enough. That's why the trusty UK Crystal white is now moving on. Not enough room for three cars really. Here they are.
Attachments
20170922_172035039_iOS.jpg
20170922_172035039_iOS.jpg (568.77 KiB) Viewed 4419 times
20170930_132449674_iOS.jpg
20170930_132449674_iOS.jpg (523.98 KiB) Viewed 4419 times
20180820_190419341_iOS.jpg
20180820_190419341_iOS.jpg (516.65 KiB) Viewed 4419 times
Last edited by BG61 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: New member from South Croydon

Postby Mazda Mender » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:29 am

Welcome to menders, little unsure what the link was and took us to a down load??? so it as been removed, to add pics you can simply add a file with the tab at the bottom to the left or even easier drag and drop straight to your post.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
BG61

Postby BG61 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 am

Hi, Thank You, looking forward to being a part of the forum, i thought the photos might appear on the actual post as opposed to appearing as text in the preview which has happened on some other sites before. Sure to get to know the site soon enough.
blackyb

Postby blackyb » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 pm

Liking both the mx's and those lift ramps.

Do you simply drive over them before raising the car.

I bought a 3 in 1 lift but unfortunately its too high to simply slide under the mx. I have to run her up onto some home made 2" ramps first.
1993 1.6 Eunos Roadster (gone)
1998 UK Mk 2 1.6 (gone)
2003 1.8 SVT Sport (shouldnt have sold it)
1991 1.6 Eunos Roadster with a bit of bling.

Life is a journey, best travelled topless in an MX5!!
BG61

Postby BG61 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi, I drive onto one set of ramps with extensions like used on normal ramps. Then lift up the other end with a trolly jack and slide the other ramps under the wheels.
Raise them up in two or three stages to keep things reasonably level on the way up and down. I add wooden chocks under the wheel plates just for a bit of insurance and then take the tension of the jack threads. The whole thing is surprisingly stable even though it looks a bit precarious.
The ramps are not in production anymore but i was looking out for a pair and then two pairs popped up on fleebay within a day of each other. Just like waiting for a bus.
Makes home DIY mechanicing soooo much easier for all kinds of jobs.

Return to “Welcome desk”