What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

New member - Laguna blue S-Spec

Introduce yourself here. Tell us all about your passions and your pride and joy. We wont bite.
timb
New

New member - Laguna blue S-Spec

Postby timb » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:07 pm

Hi everyone, I'm another long(ish)-time lurker, who's decided to finally introduce myself!

I'm the proud owner (perhaps a little too proud :lol:) of this 94 1.8 S-Spec Eunos. It's very original, the only mods are an MX5-parts catback exhaust and the 15" BBS wheels from the later special editions (RS-Ltd, S-Spec II etc.). Despite the high mileage (205k km) it feels remarkably fresh, the previous owner bought it while working in Japan and imported it on his return to the UK in 2015. It's not perfect though, the paintwork is a bit tired (faded, lacquer gone matte on rear panel etc), has tons of dings and small chips but I've decided to leave it 'honest' for the time being, as it's the original paint as far as I can tell and it polishes up ok (from a distance). Also it uses some oil (I think some burned some leaking) and the Bilsteins are a bit unpleasant at times (like bouncing my sunglasses clean off my face one time!!)

IMG_9166-e.jpg
IMG_9166-e.jpg (741.7 KiB) Viewed 6852 times
IMG_8691-e.jpg
IMG_8691-e.jpg (943.82 KiB) Viewed 6852 times

I've only had it since last August, but it's my 3rd Mk1 over 8 years or so. Over the last couple of years I'd developed an itch to work on cars myself , but it wasn't until last summer that I finally moved to a house with a garage that was big enough to be useful! So have gradually stocked up on tools as and when I needed them, and spent a lot of time reading up on the forum! In the last 6 months I've gone from a complete spannering noob to a kindergarten grade mechanic :cool: and have managed the following jobs without c*cking it up too much - many with help from the threads on MM :handgestures-thumbup: (will be donating shortly!) ;

Oil change & filter
Air filter change
spark plugs change
Renewed brake fluid & clutch fluid
Cleaned MAF and adjusted base idle
Turret oil and shifter bushing replacement
Window guide bushings replaced and cleaned/lubed window regulators
changed upper, lower and track rod end dust covers
adjusted handbrake (at calipers and lever)
Diff oil change*
repainted wing mirrors and headlight cover*
fitted new thermostat and did full engine/heater/rad flush*
and a few other little bits and bobs.
*(Some of these things were done on my old 89 1.6 to prepare it for sale)

My plans for the car are to improve it subtly and keeping it looking stock, kind of an OEM+ feel (hence the 15" BBS wheels), although it will be a slow drawn out process to avoid the wrath of the missus. I've already begun with uprated windscreen washer jets....well, you have to start somewhere! :laughing-rolling:

Cheers,

Tim
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Re: New member - Laguna blue S-Spec

Postby Mazda Mender » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:26 pm

Welcome Tim....what could you not find to help on here buddy?
I like that colour have got a pic of the build sticker.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
timb
New

Postby timb » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:03 pm

Hey M-m, I found a lot of guides on here but I like to watch and read as many different guides as possible before doing something for the first time, to see how different people do it. I find videos great for a novice like me (who doesn't know his droplink from his trackrod, so to speak), but also written guides like the ones here help me to get my head around it and make it easy to keep checking as I go along. It probably seems like overkill to approach it like that, but I'm terrified of messing something up! One in particular that really helped me was the guide on making and using the pvc pipe tool for pressing balljoint boots on (by Flea I think?), since on 2 cars I've done 5 bj and 2 trackrod end boots! 4 out of the 7 were ripped or on the verge, the others were just starting to crack (and the last one I was going to do - lower balljoint- was slack so I replaced the whole part).

Anyway here's the sticker....the blue looks a lot darker in the shuts :doh:
IMG_9240.jpg
IMG_9240.jpg (612.01 KiB) Viewed 6845 times

Best,
Tim
Zebbysebby
Regular

Postby Zebbysebby » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 am

Welcome.

Imported 2015, that must be one rust free car. If not done already I’d Dinitrol it everywhere.

Really like the colour. :handgestures-thumbup:
91 Eunos 1.6 BRG manual Conversion.
Mazda Mender
Site Admin

Postby Mazda Mender » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:33 am

I know the colour well, nice colour blue,Laguna Blue Metallic, i would echo the advice though,,,,get her protected and box sections now buddy, it is something you can do yorself....have a noisy through this...viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7521&hilit=undersealing#p61142

There are plenty of guides still being put together in the back ground,and there is also our you tube channel which is mainly videos for the guides being added, the guides are deep so owners can scroll back to things they have forgotten like " where is that bracket from or nut and bolt" so i am happy our guides do work as they were meant to,
But if there is anything you think you need or needed then let us know , we are not here for us but for fellow owners to help save cash , keep them on the road to still be enjoyed.

S-Special Type 2

The S-Special was one of the sportier special editions released.

Years Produced:- 93 94 1995 > (August)

Colours:- Montego Blue Metallic....., Laguna Blue Metallic....., Brilliant Black.... PZ, Classic Red.....SU, Chaste White...PT

Please take note:-
When the first 1.8 version was released it had a red rear roadster badge on the number plate panel and straight out indicator stalk and lights with a none air bag steering wheel, the later version had the new ECU ,lightened fly wheel? air bag steering wheel and up and over indicator stalk and lights ( the same as a MK 2/2.5 NB/NBFL) and is identified by the green roadster badge on the rear number plate panel....Alloy wheels were 14" on the early version and 15" on the later version.....

Spec:-
Engine:- 1.8 engine Series II power increase to 133bhp with improved 16 bit ECU
Diff :- 4.3.1LSD Torsen T1
Suspension :- Bilstein Shocks

Rims :- 15" BBS Alloy Wheels
Nardi Leather Steering Wheel
Nardi Leather Gear Knob
Rear Spoiler
Thicker Sway Bars
Mazda Surround Sound Stereo
Front Engine Strut Brace (Yellow)
Lightened flywheel
Final drive ratios 4.3.1

Optional Extras:
Air-Conditioning
Limited Slip Diff
CD Player
Chrome Door Mirrors
Polished Treadplates
Fog Lamps
Automatic Gearbox

:handgestures-thumbup:

M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
timb
New

Postby timb » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:35 am

Thanks for the welcome guys, you may regret it as I've become a bit of a hypochondriac regarding the car....every little thing has me concerned so expect a lot of badgering in the near future :lol:

I've read through a ton of the guides Wayne, definitely a few that will come in handy soon :handgestures-thumbup:

Zebbysebby wrote:Imported 2015, that must be one rust free car. If not done already I’d Dinitrol it everywhere.

Sadly the previous owner neglected to do this .....a couple of months after I got it I noticed some brown stains towards the rear of the sills. Took it to the MX5 Restorer and sure enough it was starting to go inside, also there was a hole(!) rusted right through the back of the rear arch (hidden behind the top of the plastic arch extension), so very frustrating since I felt part of the value of it was that it was all original sills and paint etc. Anyway, now it's been done to a great standard and fully undersealed at the same time, so will hopefully last a good long time! :auto-layrubber:

I think it's a sign of how much you love a car when it can unexpectedly cost you a 4-figure sum and you don't resent the car for it :lol:

Return to “Welcome desk”