What you put in, you'll get back ten fold
***** THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THE SITE AND HELPING YOU,OTHERWISE IT CLOSES AND ALL THIS ON LINE GARAGE IS GONE FOR GOOD*****

Greetings and welcome to menders, this site was built for every owner that might need her to help keep those bills low and also keep them on the road where they belong, she is run by very passionate enthusiasts owners for passionate enthusiastic owners, see her like a on line garage, there is a lot of tech stuff hopefully explained for everyone to use, if there is something you cannot get your head around, or you feel that there is a strong walk through guide missing that needs creating by one of us or from yourselves, please let us know, we are also on false book and youtube, which as short tech vids to help, and again if you feel there is a vid that would help please get it touch.
the menders is free, but like everything there is a cost to run things and bills( we are just happy its not a heating cost), so if we have saved you hundreds, please throw a small donation in the pot so we can keep on going to carry on helping others in the same way .

*** we are currently looking for a sponsor for this year, so if you have the passion and can see this sites worth to everyone , please get in touch and step forward to help***

And thank heavens that we are now on the way back up the brighter ,warmer longer days, "come on summer", and lets see those project builds.

M-m

***WARNING Cheap chinese calipers WARNING***

Mazda Mender
Site Admin

***WARNING Cheap chinese calipers WARNING***

Postby Mazda Mender » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm

Ok it's funny how things happen, and we have had a few conflabs about cheap nasty chinese copy calpiers for the Mx/Roadsters that are doing the rounds, more so on the Bay of E, but are also being sold through auto outlets.
If they are cheap, then they are cheap for a reason, unlucky for a fellow member that as been sold and fitted one of these copies, but lucky for you lot for me to be able to post this info up.
This had been fitted for just 2 weeks and he was having problems from the off from fitting it on the handbrake side unknowing what he had bought,and no matter how much he followed our guides could not get it to work correct?
So while his pride and joy was with Ste at the body shop, i nipped around one evening to set it up for him, while under her i could see that it was a copy, and could not do anything untill Ste had finished, so she could come to me to sort.
So i have taken some pic's to show the differences to look out for, please please please do not buy these units, they are not good, and for something that you need to put trust in to save your life one day, well the choice is yours.

Copy caliper ,note the lack of pressed in info on the body...

DSC00746.jpg
DSC00746.jpg (54.26 KiB) Viewed 5884 times

OE caliper........

DSC00754.jpg
DSC00754.jpg (63.95 KiB) Viewed 5882 times

Copy caliper handbrake arm pulling out and pin for the spring.....

DSC00747.jpg
DSC00747.jpg (54.96 KiB) Viewed 5882 times

OE calpier arm and pin, (note even the arm is different)

DSC00755.jpg
DSC00755.jpg (46.62 KiB) Viewed 5879 times

Copy caliper, which you can see the gap on the hanbrake arm pin..

DSC00756.jpg
DSC00756.jpg (51.21 KiB) Viewed 5879 times

OE caliper......

DSC00757.jpg
DSC00757.jpg (52.08 KiB) Viewed 5879 times

Hope these pic's make others see sense not to buy, as this is just one issue that i have seen with them fronts and rears.
M-m
The Disclaimer:-
This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects, the articles/answers/comments are provided for information purposes and they are not intended to substitute informed professional advice, I or mazdamenders.net cannot personally be hold responsible for any damage occurred from following this procedure or any injuries from it. Proceed at your own risk.

Mk 1 Eunos 93 black V.S II 1.8 ,
Mk 2 .1/4 Roadster 99 black & gold V.S 1.8 .
Mk 1 Eunos 90 1.6 soul red ..f/ build
MK 2.1/4 Blue V.S Roadster 1.8 99 ..
MK1 1.8 ,white import.. (Ashleighs)
MK1 1.6 yellow J ltd import.f/build
MK 1 1.8 black Tokyo Ltd..f/build

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/ http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/ http://miata.net/ http://www.autolinkuk.co.uk/
flea
Moderator Wannabe

Re: ***WARNING Cheap chinese calipers WARNING***

Postby flea » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Here they are close up

Capture4JPG.JPG
Capture4JPG.JPG (40.54 KiB) Viewed 5877 times

Capture5JPG.JPG
Capture5JPG.JPG (54.54 KiB) Viewed 5877 times
Eunos 1.6 special 1989 with a few added extras
Eunos 1991 1.6
Eunos 1990 1.6 project
Mk2 1999 1.8
gaz1977

Re: ***WARNING Cheap chinese calipers WARNING***

Postby gaz1977 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi,

I have just joined the forum and I thought you might want to hear the story of my Chinese Calipers.

The pair of calipers were bought from ebay after the MOT found a seized handbrake mechanism on the passenger side of my mk1 eunos.
The new calipers were fitted by a mechanic that I know and trust two weeks before the Blyton 2013 event.

Basically these cheap copies lasted the 130 mile journey to Blyton Park and three 20min track sessions (200miles) on the saturday morning before failing.
Two of the three track sessions were in the wet so there wasn't much hard braking. (not that it should make any difference)

We consider ourselves incredibly lucky that these potentially deadly calipers failed in the pit lane and not on the circuit or the motorway.

I can assure you my paint job on the calipers looked a lot better before being covered in fluid for two days

as you can see these calipers have all the same problems as the ones in the photos at the beginning of this thread.

We discovered that the brake fluid was squirting out of the handbrake mechanism which meant my foot simply went to the floor when pushing the pedal.

We were very fortunate that the Autolink/mazdamenders were at Blyton Park as they were able to replace the calipers with the correct ones they had in stock (probably knowing some idiot would turn up with this rubbish on his/her car) and within an hour and get us back on track.

Once we got home I phoned the ebay seller, DAS ltd. ( http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DASLtd?_trksid=p2047675.l2563 ) and told them what had happened.

Not only did DAS ltd not seem at all shocked or apologetic they told me that I had fitted the calipers incorrectly and that they had sold hundreds of these parts and mine were the only ones ever to fail.

The part of the conversation that really annoyed was when DAS ltd told me that they supplied all of Mazda Menders Brake calipers and suspension parts.....
Judging from who started this thread this is clearly a pack of lies.

So in conclusion:

DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY DANGEROUS CHEAP COPIES

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS EBAY AD http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330931131666? ... 1439.l2649

DO NOT TRUST DASltd http://www.dewsburyautosalvage.com/

DO BUY QUALITY PARTS.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Gaz

Return to “Braking”